Cilantro lime chicken is very quick and full of amazing flavors! Chicken thighs marinated with cilantro, lime juice, liquid smoke, red chili, cumin, taco seasoning and garlic. These simple ingredients turn dull chicken thighs into a mouth-watering dish.Pan-sear, grill or bake the chicken with this super easy recipe! The result won't disappoint you!
JUICY SUCCULENT CHICKEN THIGHS
Smoky, juicy, tender pan-seared & baked chicken thighs with an incredible marinade is sure to become one of your family’s absolute favorite chicken recipes. This Mexican sauce (with a little twist) will make you lick your plates clean. Best of all it is very easy and is done in one skillet. Forget about dirty pans and pots!
CILANTRO LIME CHICKEN WITH CHICKEN THIGHS OR CHICKEN BREAST?
I recommend to use the tastiest part of chicken-chicken thighs, but even chicken breasts will work. Here in Dubai we can buy tender chicken breasts that are juicy and tender. Whether you will bake or grill chicken, it will be done when its internal temperature gets to 165 F /75C.
CILANTRO LIME CHICKEN MARINADE
This marinade brings chicken to the next level.
- Cilantro- refreshing, herbal taste of cilantro will balance citrusy lime juice. Moreover, cilantro+lime juice+ garlic is a common Mexican combination. I don’t advise to substitute cilantro with fresh parsley.
- Lime juice- the recipe calls for fresh lime juice, its flavor is much more intense than the bottled variety. I used a hand juicer to squeeze limes, about 3 medium-sized limes to get ⅓ cup of lime juice. You can squeeze with your hands.
- Liquid smoke- not everybody has access to a grill or smoker, but if you want to get that smoky flavor, use ¼- ¾ tsp. of liquid smoke.
- Garlic- garlic goes really well with cilantro, and helps to boost the flavor of the marinade.
- Red chili flakes- If you hate spicy food, leave it out.
- Brown sugar- Don’t have brown sugar! Use palm sugar or honey. It helps to balance the citrusy hit from lime juice.
- Taco seasoning- I love to add 1 tsp. to my marinade. You can leave it out.
WHAT GOES WELL WITH CILANTRO LIME CHICKEN?
I love to serve it over INSTANT POT JASMINE RICE.
If you make this recipe be sure to leave a comment or give this recipe a rating ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐! I will be happy to hear from you!Print
All rights reserved. CHEF JAR. All images and content are copyright protected. PLEASE do not use my images without my permission. If you want to share this recipe, PLEASE provide a link back to this post.
If you make this recipe, take a photo of your creation and hashtag it # CHEFJAR on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter!