Cucumber and tomato salad is a refreshing, light and healthy side dish. Made with garden tomatoes, cucumbers, red onion, fresh aromatic herbs and tangy lemon vinaigrette. The easiest salad you’ll make!
Cucumber Tomato Salad
If you crave fresh food, this salad is the perfect choice. It is one of the best summer salads; loaded with fresh garden vegetables and herbs with a kick of garlic, lemon juice and olive oil. We like to serve it with salmon or chicken.
Garden vegetables are absolutely best! They have incredible flavors and crunch. Have garden tomatoes and cucumbers in the refrigerator? Try this fantastic salad today! It is guaranteed to satisfy your taste buds.
Tomato and Cucumber Salad Ingredients
To make this salad you will need:
- Tomatoes and cucumbers: Garden tomatoes and cucumbers work best for this salad. But if you can’t get them, use store-bought cherry, heirloom (have the best tomato flavour) or beefsteak tomatoes.
- Red onion: We prefer to use red onion for salads as it has a fantastic red hue that provides a contrast. Red onion is also spicier than yellow onion. To make them super crisp, soak in ice water for 5-10 minutes.
- Fresh herbs: They make this salad very flavourful. Adjust the amount to your liking.
- Green onion
Our simple lemon vinaigrette with a subtle hint of garlic is where the flavor comes from!
How to make cucumber tomato salad
- Keep the skin of the cucumbers on or remove. Place on the cutting board and slice using a sharp knife.
- Slice the tomato and chop the herbs, and green onion.
- Combine all ingredients in a large serving bowl.
- Whisk together dressing ingredients to combine. Drizzle over the salad and toss well.
Dressing for Cucumber Tomato Salad
The dressing is key. You don’t need a thick, rich dressing for beautiful, fresh vegetables because it will overdress them. That’s why we use just a few simple ingredients like olive oil, lemon juice, vinegar, garlic, salt and pepper to finish this salad. It keeps this salad very light and also allows the flavors of the veggies shine.
Can I Make it Ahead
Absolutely! We recommend to prep the vinaigrette, slice the onion and toss in the vinaigrette. This helps the dressing to develop flavor and makes onions super crunchy.
Just before serving add the tomatoes, cucumbers and herbs, and toss.
This salad is best the day it is made; you can keep it for a couple of hours in the refrigerator before serving.
If you make this recipe be sure to leave a comment or give this recipe a rating ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐! I will be happy to hear from you!Print
All rights reserved. CHEF JAR. All images and content are copyright protected. PLEASE do not use my images without my permission. If you want to share this recipe, PLEASE provide a link back to this post.
If you make this recipe, take a photo of your creation and hashtag it # CHEFJAR on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter!