- Large head cauliflower-1
- Garlic cloves ( finely chopped)-3
- Red chili flakes– 1/2 tsp.
- Mixed vegetables( carrots, peas & corns)- 2 cups
- Broccoli florets – 1 1/2 cup
- Scallion stems ( thinly sliced)- 1 cup
- Large eggs ( beaten)-2
- Vegetable oil- 1 tbsp. for cooking
- Sesame oil– 1 tbsp. for cooking
- Salt – to taste , if needed
- FOR THE SAUCE
- Low sodium soy sauce– 3 tbsp.
- Oyster sauce- 2 tbsp.
- FOR GARNISH
- Black sesame seeds– as needed
- CAULIFLOWER RICE. Using a food processor* with a grater disk attachment, grate the cauliflower until it resembles “rice”.
- Transfer to a clean cloth or paper towel, wrap “rice” in it and squeeze as much water as possible from the “rice”. This will prevent your dish from becoming soggy.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together low sodium soy sauce and oyster sauce; set aside.
- Once you have your sauce and cauliflower rice, it is time to cook.
- In a large pan/ skillet heat 1 tbsp. of vegetable oil and 1 tbsp. of sesame oil.
- Add slightly beaten eggs and fry about 2-3 minutes per side or until cooked through. Remove from the pan/skillet and allow to cool before dicing into small pieces; keep aside.
- In the same pan/skillet cook garlic & chili flakes until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Stir in the broccoli florets and cook another 2 minutes. Add the mixed vegetables and cook 3-4 minutes, stirring every minute or so, until they are tender.
- Stir in the diced eggs, cauliflower rice, and sauce; mix well to combine. Cover the pan/ skillet with a lid so the cauliflower rice steams and becomes more tender and cook 3-4 minutes.
- Serve immediately, garnished with thinly sliced scallion stems and black sesame seeds.
If you don’t have a food processor, use a box grater with the medium-sized holes.
- Category: Vegan/ Gluten Free
- Cuisine: International