This Cauliflower pasta is deliciously comforting and surprisingly healthy. Toasted bread crumbs give a lovely crunchy texture against the tender cauliflower sauce and pasta.
Looking for a quick meat-free but still comforting and light weeknight meal? Try this delicious cauliflower pasta for dinner and you surely will crave for more.
If you have never cooked cauliflower before, don’t worry, it’s amazingly simple and in less than an hour you’ll have a delicious dinner at your table. Cauliflower is a great source of vitamin C, which you need for many things including keeping your teeth and gums healthy. There are so many wonderful dishes you can make with it and this simple cauliflower pasta is a great example.
One thing you’ll definitely like about it is that you can pre-cook the cauliflower a day ahead if you like, just break it up into small florets and boil until tender.
Yes, you don’t need any additional sauce; cauliflower is a sauce itself with cheese (optional), a hint of chili and crunchy breadcrumbs. For this cauliflower pasta use coarse breadcrumbs, ideally Panko. Add the bread crumbs just before serving; otherwise, they will become soggy and lose its crunchiness.
The cauliflower pasta is outrageously good. It is quick, simple, healthy and delicious. Loaded with different flavors and requires just a few basic ingredients and 30 minutes of time. Isn’t it fantastic? The leftovers could be kept well for a couple of days. It’s a win dish that the whole family will love.
CAULIFLOWER PASTA RECIPE
- Paccheri pasta- 300 gm
- Cauliflower- 1 kg
- Garlic cloves ( minced)- 3
- Peperoncino ( chopped)- 1 ( optional)
- Red chili flakes- ¼ tsp.
- Olive oil- 40 ml
- Salt - to taste
- Parmesan cheese( grated)- 3 tbsp ( optional)
- Panko breadcrumbs- 100 gm
- Trim away any green leaves of cauliflower & chop off the thick bottom part of the stem. Using a sharp knife, cut the florets from the stem, then chop the stem finely. Cook the florets & the chopped stem in a large saucepan of salted water 12-15 minutes or until they're done. Remove them from the saucepan using a slotted spoon. Reserve the water. ( I cooked the pasta in the same water).
- In a large skillet/pan heat olive oil, saute the minced garlic over medium heat until fragrant, but not brown. Add in the cooked cauliflower, 1 cup of reserved water and cook 5-10 minutes, then mash until almost smooth. Season with salt and red chili flakes.
- In a small pan, toast bread crumbs with the chopped peperoncino until golden brown, stirring from time to time.
- Cook the pasta according to package instructions , then rinse & drain.
- Pour the cauliflower sauce over the drained pasta and toss well. Before serving sprinkle the bread crumbs & Parmesan cheese ( optional).
- Enjoy this healthy & light pasta!
A large saucepan, a large pan, a small pan, a slotted spoon.
All rights reserved. CHEF JAR. All images & content are copyright protected. PLEASE do not use my images without my permission. If you wanna to share this recipe, PLEASE provide a link back to this post.
If you make this recipe, take a photo of your creation & hashtag it # CHEFJAR on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter!
PASTA WITH CAULIFLOWER
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE