This Cauliflower pasta is deliciously comforting and surprisingly healthy. Toasted bread crumbs give a lovely crunchy texture against the tender cauliflower sauce and pasta.
- Paccheri pasta- 300 gm
- Cauliflower- 1 kg
- Garlic cloves ( minced)- 3
- Peperoncino ( chopped)- 1 ( optional)
- Red chili flakes- 1/4 tsp.
- Olive oil- 40 ml
- Salt - to taste
- Parmesan cheese( grated)- 3 tbsp ( optional)
- Panko breadcrumbs- 100 gm
- Trim away any green leaves of cauliflower & chop off the thick bottom part of the stem. Using a sharp knife, cut the florets from the stem, then chop the stem finely. Cook the florets & the chopped stem in a large saucepan of salted water 12-15 minutes or until they're done. Remove them from the saucepan using a slotted spoon. Reserve the water. ( I cooked the pasta in the same water).
- In a large skillet/pan heat olive oil, saute the minced garlic over medium heat until fragrant, but not brown. Add in the cooked cauliflower, 1 cup of reserved water and cook 5-10 minutes, then mash until almost smooth. Season with salt and red chili flakes.
- In a small pan, toast bread crumbs with the chopped peperoncino until golden brown, stirring from time to time.
- Cook the pasta according to package instructions , then rinse & drain.
- Pour the cauliflower sauce over the drained pasta and toss well. Before serving sprinkle the bread crumbs & Parmesan cheese ( optional).
- Enjoy this healthy & light pasta!
A large saucepan, a large pan, a small pan, a slotted spoon.
- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Cook Time: 16 mins
- Category: Pasta recipes
- Cuisine: Italian
- Calories: 482
Keywords: vegan pasta, pasta recipes, cauliflower