This copycat Texas Roadhouse ranch recipe is a delicious blend of buttermilk, mayo, sour cream and spices. This creamy dressing has a spicy and refreshing flavor that enhances the taste of salads, veggies, chicken wings, burgers, and more!
Texas Roadhouse Ranch Dressing Recipe
In addition to their well-known rolls and honey butter, We have a personal favorite at Texas Roadhouse: their ranch dressing. It's incredibly delicious, yet it is very easy to make at home.
Here are some tips for making a copycat Texas Roadhouse ranch dressing recipe:
- Use full-fat mayonnaise and sour cream for a richer and creamier texture.
- Use a good quality buttermilk for the tangy flavor. You can also substitute it with regular milk and lemon juice.
- Adjust the seasoning according to your taste preferences. Texas Roadhouse ranch dressing is known for being slightly spicy, so you can add more cayenne pepper or hot sauce if you prefer.
- For the best results, let the dressing chill in the refrigerator for at least an hour before serving. This will allow the flavors to meld together and the dressing to thicken.
- To make a healthier version, you can use Greek yogurt instead of sour cream and mayonnaise and reduce the amount of salt.
- Mayonnaise: Use a full-fat mayonnaise for a creamy texture. Low-fat or fat-free mayonnaise can alter the taste and consistency.
- Sour cream: Full-fat sour cream is recommended for the best flavor and texture. You can also use Greek yogurt as a healthier alternative.
- Buttermilk: This is a key ingredient that gives the dressing its tangy flavor. If you don't have buttermilk, you can make a substitute by adding 1 tablespoon of white vinegar or lemon juice to 1 cup of milk and letting it sit for a few minutes.
- Herbs: We use dried herbs, but you can use fresh herbs for the best flavor.
- Spices: The recipe calls for garlic powder, black pepper, salt, and cayenne pepper. Adjust the amounts to your taste preferences.
How to Make Texas Roadhouse Ranch Dressing
- Combine mayonnaise, sour cream, buttermilk, dill weed, chives, garlic powder, black pepper, cayenne pepper, and salt in a medium bowl.
- Cover the bowl and refrigerate the dressing for a minimum of 30 minutes, allowing the flavors to meld together. Use the ranch dressing as a dip or dressing with your preferred dishes.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, you can make the dressing ahead of time and store it in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to a week.
Yes, you can use fresh herbs if you don't have dried ones. Just keep in mind that dried herbs are more potent, so you'll need to use more.
You can use Greek yogurt instead of sour cream and mayonnaise to make a healthier version. You can also reduce the amount of salt and sugar, or leave them out entirely.
Yes, you can make a substitute for buttermilk by adding 1 tablespoon of white vinegar or lemon juice to 1 cup of milk and letting it sit for a few minutes.
We do not recommend freezing it, as the texture and flavor may be affected.
Yes, you can add more cayenne pepper or hot sauce to make the dressing spicier.
- Transfer the dressing to an airtight container with a lid.
- Place the container in the refrigerator.
- Store in the refrigerator for up to a week.
- Before serving, give the dressing a good stir as the ingredients may separate and settle.
- If the dressing is too thick after being stored, you can thin it out with a little bit of buttermilk.
- If you notice any changes in the appearance or smell of the dressing, discard it immediately.
What to Serve with Texas Roadhouse Dressing
Texas Roadhouse ranch dressing is a versatile condiment that can be served with a variety of dishes. Here are some ideas:
- Salad: Drizzle the ranch dressing over a fresh salad of greens, tomatoes, cucumber, and carrots. Try it with our Cucumber Radish Dill Salad or Cucumber and Tomato Salad
- Veggies: Serve the ranch dressing as a dip with raw vegetables like carrots, celery, broccoli, and cauliflower.
- Chicken wings: Use the ranch dressing as a dip for hot and spicy chicken wings.
- Burgers: Spread the ranch dressing on your favorite burger for a delicious twist on a classic. Try it with Lamb Burgers, Chicken Burgers or Air Fryer Salmon Burgers.
- Fries: Dip your fries in the ranch dressing for a tangy and creamy flavor.
- Sandwiches: Spread the ranch dressing on your sandwich for added flavor and creaminess.
More Copycat Recipes to Try!!!
Longhorn Parmesan Crusted Chicken
Panda Express Mushroom Chicken
Panda Express Teriyaki Chicken
If you make this texas roadhouse ranch recipe be sure to leave a comment or give this recipe a rating ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐! I will be happy to hear from you!Print
Texas Roadhouse Ranch Recipe
- Total Time: 5 minutes
- Yield: 8 1x
Making a copycat version of Texas Roadhouse ranch at home is very easy. This creamy dressing has a spicy and refreshing flavor that enhances the taste of any dish.
- ¾ cup store-bought mayonnaise
- ¾ cup sour cream
- ½ cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon dried chives
- 1 teaspoon dried dill weed
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon salt
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, sour cream, buttermilk, chives, dill weed, garlic powder, cayenne pepper, black pepper and salt until well combined.
- Cover and chill the dressing for at least 30 minutes to allow the flavors to meld together.
- Serve the ranch dressing with your favorite dishes as a dip or dressing.
Storage: Transfer the dressing to an airtight container with a lid. Place the container in the refrigerator. Store in the refrigerator for up to a week. Before serving, give the dressing a good stir as the ingredients may separate and settle. If the dressing is too thick after being stored, you can thin it out with a little bit of buttermilk. If you notice any changes in the appearance or smell of the dressing, discard it immediately.
- Prep Time: 5 min
- Cook Time: 0 min
- Category: Dips
- Cuisine: American
- Calories: 46kcal
- Sugar: 1g
- Sodium: 59mg
- Fat: 5g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Carbohydrates: 1g
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 1g
- Cholesterol: 5mg
Keywords: Texas roadhouse ranch recipe, copycat texas roadhouse ranch
All rights reserved. CHEF JAR. All images and content are copyright protected. PLEASE do not use my images without my permission. If you want to share this recipe, PLEASE provide a link back to this post.
Leave a Reply