This Spicy Mayo is a perfect dipping sauce for sandwiches, burgers, French fries and more. Easy to make and you need only simple ingredients like creamy mayo, hot sauce, lemon juice and seasoning.
Spicy Mayo Sauce
Mayonnaise is one of the most versatile sauces in the world. And what can be better than a regular mayo? Only creamy and savory SPICY mayo. I guarantee that once you try this homemade spicy mayo you will never go back to classic mayonnaise because it can seriously improve the flavor and taste of any dish and take it to the next level!
I am sure you’ve tasted it so many times in sushi restaurants or on burgers like Popeyes chicken sandwich but have never tried to make at home. So today is the day!
SPICY MAYO INGREDIENTS
It is very easy to make the best Spicy sauce at home. You will need just a few ingredients. The recipe is customizable. Feel free to adjust the seasoning to your liking.
- Mayonnaise: It is the key ingredient for this sauce. Try to purchase the best mayo at your local supermarket. Anyway, any brand should work well.
- Hot sauce is another essential ingredient for this dish, it adds a kick to this mayo sauce. The recipe calls for hot sauce, but sriracha or any chili sauce will work really well.
- Lemon juice adds the savory and zesty taste to the sauce. If you don’t have it, use vinegar or lime juice.
- Taco seasoning goes so well with other ingredients in this sauce. Red chili powder or Cajun seasoning can be used as well. Adjust the amount to your liking.
- Garlic powder boosts the flavor.
HOW TO MAKE SPICY MAYO?
Is Spicy Mayo Gluten Free?
Yes, most of store bought mayonnaises are gluten-free because they are typically made of eggs, oil, mustard, lemon and vinegar. Hot sauces are also gluten free, but make sure to check it before purchasing.
Can I make Spicy Mayo without Mayonnaise?
Yes, you can replace mayo with Greek yogurt or sour cream for a healthier and lighter version.
HOW TO STORE SPICY MAYO SAUCE?
Keep it in an airtight container or cover tightly with plastic wrap. Store up to 1 month in the fridge.
WHAT GOES WELL WITH MAYO?
- Popeyes Chicken Sandwich
- Chicken Shawarma
- Philly cheese steak
- Crispy Potato wedges
- Potato Waffles
- Mashed Potato Croquettes
- Lemon Garlic Roast Chicken
- Garlic Hearb Butter Roasted Chicken
If you make this Spicy Mayo sauce be sure to leave a comment or give this recipe a rating! I will be happy to hear from you!
SPICY MAYO RECIPEPrint
All rights reserved. CHEF JAR. All images and content are copyright protected. PLEASE do not use my images without my permission. If you want to share this recipe, PLEASE provide a link back to this post.
If you make this recipe, take a photo of your creation and hashtag it # CHEFJAR on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter!
SAUCES AND DIPS