Spicy Chicken Ramen is quick and easy to make! Made of ground chicken, veggies, ramen noodles, and baby spinach and spiced up with red chili flakes. A delicious chicken ramen in 30 minutes!
Customize the recipe to your taste and enjoy!
If you’ve ever happened to taste real Japanese ramen at any ramen house, you should agree with me that a bowl of ramen is seriously a flavor bomb! It is so flavourful and rich! Broth is the most delicious part and the vehicle of ramen. However, it is really time-consuming to make authentic ramen broth.
That is why I tried my best to make flavourful ramen in 30 minutes. I am not talking about that blank the five packs for a dollar that you simply combine with boiling water. Browned ground chicken, ginger, garlic and red chili make the soup really flavourful. Once you make it, it will disappear right away. Watch your bowl!
Chicken Ramen Ingredients
Authentic Japanese ramen is time-consuming and requires great skills. I tried to create a quick and simple chicken ramen with regular ingredients you might have in your fridge.
I used ground chicken, but you can customize the recipe and opt for beef. As I’ve mentioned above, the stock is the most important part in ramen. I flavoured it with ginger, garlic, veggies and soy sauce. I topped this ramen with soft-boiled eggs. They make this soup so much better!
Even though, it is my twist on traditional ramen soup, it is very flavourful and comforting. And it takes only 30 minutes from start to finish!
To make this spicy chicken ramen, you will need:
- Vegetable oil
- Ground chicken: Use the meat of your choice. Both ground chicken and beef work well.
- Mixed vegetables: I used frozen and thawed, but you can use fresh veggies.
- Red chili: Feel free to adjust amount of red chili to your liking.
- Low-sodium chicken stock
- Soy sauce: If you can find Koikuchi shoyu sauce in your local supermarket, use it for any ramen. It works really best. It is all-purpose soy sauce. I used Kikkoman brand that is very popular here.
- Baby spinach
- Ramen noodles: Use ramen noodles of your personal preference.
- Large eggs: I highly recommend to top the soup with a soft-boiled egg. You can use hard-boiled, poached or soft-boiled eggs. However, in Japan soft boiled eggs are usually used in a bowl of ramen.
How to Make Chicken Ramen
- First, heat some vegetable oil in a large saucepan and cook the seasoned ground chicken together with ginger, garlic and red chili, about 10 minutes.
- Then, add veggies. Mix well and cook another 1-2 minutes.
- Next, add the chicken stock into the saucepan. Bring the soup to a boil.
- Finally, add the noodles and cook until JUST tender. I prefer to cook noodles in the stock to skip extra step of cooking. But here is the thing. When you cook them in the stock, they thicken it up and tend to absorb the delicious stock and you will be left with hardly any liquid after sometime. This method is good only if you will eat them immediately. Otherwise, cook noodles separately, divide them between the bowls and pour the soup over them. The best part is that you can add as much noodles as you want.
More Ground Chicken recipes
- Chicken Meatballs Soup with potatoes
- Chicken Meatballs Soup
- Creamy Ground Chicken Meatball recipe
- Creamy Ground Chicken soup
If you make this Spicy Chicken Ramen be sure to leave a comment or give this recipe a rating! I will be happy to hear from you!Print
All rights reserved. CHEF JAR. All images and content are copyright protected. PLEASE do not use my images without my permission. If you want to share this recipe, PLEASE provide a link back to this post.
If you make this recipe, take a photo of your creation and hashtag it # CHEFJAR on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter!