This One-pot Chicken Meatball soup is very comforting, healthy, flavorful and easy to make. It takes less than 40 minutes to make this soup and I assure you that after trying this soup, you will crave only this version of noodle soup because meatballs make it so much better. Serve it with naan bread for lunch or dinner.
Have a look also at Ground Chicken Meatballs. They are seriously delicious!
Homemade Chicken Meatball Soup
I love homemade Chicken noodle soup, my mom always used to cook it for us and we were lucky to enjoy it every week. Russia is a cold country and temperatures get brutal especially in winter. So this comforting soup was a perfect meal for winter cold days. But even in summer it is an ideal meal, because it is a very light soup that packed with veggies. As my kids are chicken meatballs lovers, I decided to make it with meatballs. Oh,boy! It turned out to be absolutely delicious and more flavorful than traditional chicken noodle soup. My kids finished it the same day and asked for more the next day. Try it today! It comes together in less than 40 minutes.
How to Make Chicken Meatball Soup
- First, you need to prepare ground chicken mixture. Simply grind chicken (for juicier meatballs, use chicken thighs), carrot, onion and garlic in a food processor or stand mixer with a grinder attachment. Then, use your hands to combine the chicken mixture with the remaining ingredients for chicken meatballs (egg, dried parsley, dried oregano, milk, salt and pepper).
- Form balls and fry in batches in a 25 cm/9 inch cast iron casserole. Transfer to a plate and keep aside.
- In the same casserole sauté onion until translucent, add garlic, cook until fragrant, then add carrot and celery and cook for about 3 minutes.
- Add the chicken stock (homemade stock is preferable for a healthier version for kids), return meatballs to the casserole and cook about 8 minutes.
- At the end, stir in the orzo pasta and cook another 8 minutes.
Can I Freeze Chicken Meatball Soup?
Yes! This soup freezes really well. Allow the soup to cool completely, then transfer it to a freezer safe container. Even the freezer bag will work well.
How to thaw the soup?
Put the soup in the refrigerator for 12-24 hours to thaw. Once it is thawed, transfer to a saucepan/ casserole and heat through. But don’t bring it to a boil. You can heat it through in the microwave as well.
Are you looking for more ground chicken recipes? Check these!
- Chicken Meatballs Soup with potatoes
- Ground Chicken meatballs
- Creamy Cheesy Chicken Meatball recipe
- Chicken Keema Recipe
- Russian cutlets
- Ground chicken meatballs
If you make this Chicken Meatball Soup be sure to leave a comment or give this recipe a rating! I will be happy to hear from you!
CHICKEN MEATBALL SOUP RECIPEPrint
All rights reserved. CHEF JAR. All images and content are copyright protected. PLEASE do not use my images without my permission. If you want to share this recipe, PLEASE provide a link back to this post.
If you make this recipe, take a photo of your creation and hashtag it # CHEFJAR on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter!
OTHER SOUP RECIPES