This potato pesto salad is the perfect side for all your summer gatherings! Tossed in a delicious mayo-pesto sauce, you won’t want to eat anything else. It’s the perfect combination of herby, creamy, and cheesy.
If you’ve grown tired of traditional potato salad at your dinner parties, then this recipe is perfect for you!
What you’ll need for pesto potato salad:
- Baby potatoes
- Homemade pesto mayo
- Basil pesto, optional
- Freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper
- Toasted pine nuts
- Fresh basil leaves
With only 8 ingredients with salt and pepper, can you really complain about making it? It’s incredibly easy to make and comes together in minutes. Even if it’s a last-minute dinner plan, we’re sure you’ll be able to make this in a jiffy.
Best of all, our pesto mayo is good on just about anything! Use it to dip breadsticks in, drizzle it on pizza, coat your salmon in it, use it as a cold pasta sauce, etc. As long as you can imagine pesto might go well with it, this mayo will be perfect for all your recipes.
How to Make Pesto Potato Salad
- The first step is to bring a pot of water to a boil. Then add salt and add your potatoes. Let them boil for 15-20 minutes, or until they are fork-tender. Make sure they’re all relatively the same size or they won’t cook evenly.
- When ready, drain and rinse the potatoes in cold water. Place them in a large bowl and add the pesto mayo, Parmesan, basil pesto (if using any) and black pepper, to a large bowl. Toss to combine. Season with more salt and pepper as needed.
What to Serve With This Pesto Potato Salad:
- Garlic Herb Butter Roasted Chicken
- Air Fryer Salmon
- Ground Chicken Burgers
- Baked Breaded Chicken Cutlets
- Lemon Pepper Chicken
- Air Fryer Chicken Breasts
- Mary Me Chicken
We’re sure anything you pair it with will be extra delicious! Hot or cold, it’s the perfect side.
How to Store This Salad
Potato salad keeps well in the fridge. However, the pesto tends to darken and oxidize quickly. We recommend to add the pesto just before serving.
Storage: It will last 3-4 days in the fridge in an air tight container.
More Recipes with Pesto
If you make this recipe be sure to leave a comment or give this recipe a rating ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐! I will be happy to hear from you!Print
All rights reserved. CHEF JAR. All images and content are copyright protected. PLEASE do not use my images without my permission. If you want to share this recipe, PLEASE provide a link back to this post.