This pesto chicken bruschetta is a low carb and healthy alternative to a traditional Italian bruschetta. Grilled chicken topped with Mozzarella cheese, basil pesto, flavorful tomatoes and homemade balsamic glaze.
Easy Chicken Breast Recipe
This is one of those chicken recipes that you will not just like, but LOVE. It is like the traditional Italian bruschetta, but without the crusty bread. We use chicken fillets seasoned with garlic, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper. For extra kick of flavor we add balsamic glaze. It is a great healthy meal that will be on your table in less than 30 minutes.
Pesto Chicken with an Easy Homemade Pesto
This chicken breast recipe has tons of flavor thanks to our homemade basil pesto. Fresh herbs make any dish more flavorful, delicious and beautiful. Any time we have fresh basil, we use it to make pesto. This Italian condiment is seriously great for pasta, roasted veggies, grilled meat. Just think about sweet basil, olive oil, Parmesan and toasted pine nuts, all blended into the sauce. A heavenly combination! And it goes so well with grilled chicken, mozzarella and tomato bruschetta! We highly recommend to make pesto at home, but if you are busy, you can always resort to the store-bought one. It will work as well.
- Chicken: For even cooking we slice each chicken breast horizontally to make 4 fillets. We prefer to grill chicken, but you can bake, air fry or barbecue for extra flavor.
- Tomatoes: You can use cherry tomatoes, vine tomatoes or grape tomatoes.
- Pesto: Be creative and use any herbs and nuts you like.
- Mozzarella cheese
- Garlic: Be sure to mince the garlic for the best results.
- Herbs: If don’t like or don’t have Italian seasoning on hand, make your own blend with oregano, rosemary, thyme or any herbs you love.
- Lemon juice
- Salt and pepper
How to Make Grilled Pesto Chicken Bruschetta
- Heat oil in a grill pan or griddle.
- Season the chicken with Italian seasoning, garlic, salt and pepper on both sides.
- Place the chicken on the grill and cook for 10 minutes ( 5 minutes per side) or until cooked through and the internal temperature is 165°F. When the chicken is almost done, top each fillet with a slice of mozzarella and allow to melt slightly.
- Remove from the heat and top with 1-2 tablespoons pesto and a generous scoop of tomato bruschetta.
- Garnish with basil leaves. Drizzle with the balsamic glaze.
If you can’t find balsamic glaze at your local supermarket, make it at home. Simply combine balsamic vinegar and brown sugar in a small saucepan. Bring it to a boil, then reduce the heat to low and cook for 5-7 minutes. You may leave out brown sugar if you wish, but allow reduce for 12 minutes on low heat.
Recipes with Pesto
Homemade basil pesto is fun to make and comes together so quickly. It tastes much better than the store bought stuff. Also it freezes really well, so you can make a big batch, keep it in the freezer and use it any time you need it. Here are our favourite recipes with pesto.
If you make this recipe be sure to leave a comment or give this recipe a rating ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐! I will be happy to hear from you!Print
All rights reserved. CHEF JAR. All images and content are copyright protected. PLEASE do not use my images without my permission. If you want to share this recipe, PLEASE provide a link back to this post.