Everybody loves pesto. Everybody loves mayo. What could be better at the height of summer than creamy, cool, tasty pesto mayo?
With only three ingredients you’ll have the perfect zesty condiment to complement your favorite burger, fries, or sandwich.
A great serve of mayo is a welcome addition to any plate. It can take any grilled burger, meat, salad, or seafood to the next level. By adding pesto to the mix, we’re bringing a distinctively Mediterranean flavor and freshness to this American classic. Pesto mayo is a great dip for fries, and it works just as well as regular mayo - if not better - on burgers and sandwiches.
It might seem like an odd pairing at first, but the basil and garlic from pesto actually pairs really well with mayonnaise. With a bit of fresh lemon zest we’re really elevating the experience.
The Best Pesto For Pesto Mayo
Perhaps best of all, it’s super easy to make pesto mayo simply using store bought condiments. Regular pesto from the pasta sauce aisle of your local grocery store will work just fine. You can also often find fresh pesto in the refrigerated sections of many grocery stores and delis. Pre-made pesto is a great time saver for this recipe, and we all love a shortcut, especially when it comes to weeknight dinners.
However, if you have the time and the resources, you’ll absolutely love making pesto mayo with homemade pesto. It takes a little longer, but the results are totally worth it!
Using homemade pesto is also a little more efficient. You only need about a quarter cup of pesto to make pesto mayo. This tiny amount packs plenty of punch for your flavored mayonnaise, and will leave plenty of pesto in your fridge for you to use later. It’s a winner all round!
Our recipe for pesto mayo will make you about one and a quarter cups’ worth. If you want to double the batch, you simply need to double the volume of your ingredients.
You only need a few key ingredients to make this pesto mayo.
- Lemon juice
How To Make Flavored Mayo
Wondering how to make pesto mayo? Wonder no longer! Our recipe is super easy to follow, and just as easy to make.
- First, you’ll need to combine pesto, mayonnaise, and fresh lemon juice.
- Stir this mixture until it has smoothly blended.
- It’s really easy to increase the volume of this recipe. Doubling, tripling, and quadrupling are simply a matter of preserving your ratios accordingly. You’re restricted only by the size of the container you’re using.
- You can toss pesto mayo with some boiled baby potatoes and shredded chicken for a tasty chicken salad.
- You can add fresh basil leaves and garlic for extra flavor. These are the key flavors in any pesto recipe, so they’ll work really well here.
Easy Pesto Mayo Substitutions
- You can use homemade pesto and store bought pesto interchangeably with this recipe. Although we prefer homemade, the store bought stuff will work just fine.
- You can make this recipe vegan simply by switching to a vegan mayonnaise. There are plenty of these available at your local grocery store.
- You can replace your mayonnaise with sour cream and make yourself a tasty pesto dip.
- You can use this pesto mayo as a substitute itself, in any recipe that calls for regular mayonnaise.
Like any mayonnaise product, pesto mayo will need to be stored in a refrigerator.
It will keep, covered, in an airtight container in the fridge for about 4-5 days.
Love Pesto? Try These!!!
If you make this recipe be sure to leave a comment or give this recipe a rating ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐! I will be happy to hear from you!Print
All rights reserved. CHEF JAR. All images and content are copyright protected. PLEASE do not use my images without my permission. If you want to share this recipe, PLEASE provide a link back to this post.