Peanut Butter Cream Cheese Cookies are a great alternative to classic peanut butter cookies. They are moist, soft on the inside and crunchy on the outside. Packed with peanut butter and cream cheese flavors! Made with flour, peanut butter, cream cheese, light brown sugar, white sugar, butter, baking powder, soda and salt. They will melt in your mouth!
Cream Cheese Peanut Butter Cookies
Once you try these delicious and ultra-soft cookies, you will understand that they are not typical peanut butter cookies. They are so rich and flavorful!
Adding cream cheese brings these cookies on the next level. If you like soft and moist cookies, they are a must try!
Cream Cheese Peanut Butter Cookies Ingredients
- All-purpose flour: For gluten free cookies, use a good quality gluten free all-purpose flour.
- Baking powder and soda: They help to create fluffy and soft cookies.
- Unsalted butter: Make sure you use unsalted butter, otherwise the cookies might be way too salty because any store bought peanut butter is savory.
- Cream cheese: Use full fat cream cheese for better results.
- Light brown and white sugar: The recipe calls for both light and white sugar. I like to add brown sugar for denser and moister cookies.
- Vanilla extract: It boosts the flavor.
- Peanut butter: Both regular smooth and chunky peanut butter will work.
HOW TO MAKE PEANUT BUTTER CREAM CHEESE COOKIES?
The process is similar to making classic peanut butter cookies. The only difference that some amount of butter is switched out for cream cheese.
- Whisk together all-purpose flour, salt, baking powder and soda.
- Combine butter, creamy cheese, brown and white sugar and beat until fluffy.
- Add the flour mixture, vanilla extract and peanut butter and mix well.
- Scoop, then form balls and press, using a cookie stamp.
Store these cookies in an airtight container in the fridge for 5-6 days or at room temperature for 2 days.
Other Cookie recipe:
- Gluten free Peanut Butter Cookies
- Green Tea Matcha Cookies
- Pignoli Cookies
- Amaretti cookies
- Chocolate Chip cookies
If you make these Cream cheese peanut butter cookies be sure to leave a comment or give this recipe a rating! I will be happy to hear from you!
Peanut Butter Cream Cheese Cookies RecipePrint
PEANUT BUTTER CREAM CHEESE COOKIES
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 10
Peanut Butter Cream Cheese Cookies are a great alternative to classic peanut butter cookies. They are moist, soft on the inside and crunchy on the outside. Packed with peanut butter and cream cheese flavours! Made with flour, peanut butter, cream cheese, light brown sugar, white sugar butter, baking powder, soda and salt. They will melt in your mouth!
- All-purpose flour-1 ¼ cup or 150 g
- Baking powder- 1/ 2 tsp.
- Salt- ¼ tsp.
- Baking soda- ½ tsp.
- Unsalted butter- ¼ cup or 56 g
- Cream cheese - 115 gm or 4 ounces
- Light brown sugar- ½ cup
- White sugar- ½ cup
- Vanilla extract- 1 tsp.
- Peanut butter- ¾ cup
- Dark chocolate - as needed
- Sweetened coconut ( shredded)- 1-2 tsp.
- Preheat your oven to 375 F (175 C) with the rack in the middle. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper. Alternatively, you can bake cookies on the silicone mats.
- In a large bowl whisk together all-purpose flour, baking powder, salt and baking soda. Keep aside.
- In a bowl of your electrical mixer, beat butter, cream cheese, light brown sugar and white sugar on medium speed until well combined and fluffy.
- Add in vanilla extract and peanut butter and continue beating.
- Gradually add the flour mixture and beat until you get smooth dough.
- Use a tablespoon or a cookie scoop to take the batter, form a ball and place onto the prepared baking sheet. Repeat with the remaining dough. Leave space between cookies.
- Press each cookie slightly with your palm and then press again using a cookie stamp or a fork. If you use a fork, dip it in vegetable oil, it will prevent from sticking.
- Bake cookies for 12-15 minutes or until lightly golden brown. Allow to cool completely before decorating.
- Drizzle ( or decorate) with melted chocolate and top with shredded coconut. Decorating cookies is optional. I usually do it for my kids.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 10
- Category: Cookie recipes
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 226 cal
- Sugar: 10.29 g
- Sodium: 27.16 mg
- Fat: 13 g
- Carbohydrates: 23.8 g
- Fiber: 0.55 g
- Protein: 2.64 g
- Cholesterol: 32 mg
Keywords: peanut butter cookies, peanut butter cream cheese cookies
All rights reserved. CHEF JAR. All images and content are copyright protected. PLEASE do not use my images without my permission. If you want to share this recipe, PLEASE provide a link back to this post.
If you make this recipe, take a photo of your creation and hashtag it # CHEFJAR on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter!
Leave a Reply