This is seriously the BEST Chocolate chip cookies in the world! These cookies are buttery, soft with chocolate in every bite. They turn out perfectly every time and will be on your table in 20 minutes. You don’t need a mixer to make them and can make these chocolate chip cookies without oven even.
These cookies go well with Homemade Almond milk, Horchata or tea. Perfect treat for lunch!
CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE RECIPES
There are so many recipes for chocolate chip cookies in the internet. I want to share my favorite recipe. It really works and you will get the best chocolate chip cookies in the world! I have been making these cookies for many years and they actually stand out! The reasons to love these cookies:
- Loaded with chocolate chips.
- Very soft and extra thick.
- Perfectly buttery and sweet.
- You can make them without oven and mixer.
- You don’t need fancy ingredients.
- Ready in 20 minutes.
HOW TO MAKE THE BEST CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE IN THE WORLD
These cookies are very easy to make, however there are some tips I’ve learnt in the last few years.
- Cream soft butter: Take out the butter from the fridge and keep outside until it becomes room temperature and soft, but not melty, about an hour. If you can easily poke it with your finger, it is ready to use. The reason the recipe calls for creaming (mixing) softened butter and sugar is to create tiny air pockets in the batter. The more air pockets your batter will have, the lighter in texture chocolate chip cookies will be. If you want to get soft cookies instead of dense and hard, use softened butter for creaming! Can you substitute butter for shortening in this recipe? Yes, you can. But keep in mind that shortening is 100 % fat and doesn’t contain milk and water like butter. So if you use shortening, your cookies will be more crumbly and tender instead of chewy because it won’t promote gluten formation.
- Use brown sugar: I have been asked so many times if you can make these chocolate chip cookies without brown sugar. Yes, you can. But the texture will not be the same. If you aim to get chewy cookies, use more brown sugar than white sugar. Both dark brown sugar and light sugar will work. Dark brown sugar will give extra flavor.
- Measuring the ingredients correctly: Measure dry ingredients using a flat-measuring cup and a liquid cup for wet ingredients.
- Vanilla extract: Vanilla is an essential ingredient for cookies. Just imagine that you will not add salt to savory dishes. They will be blank. The purpose of vanilla is the same, it boosts the flavor in chocolate chip cookies. I found that 2 tablespoons of vanilla extract is enough to add vanilla flavor.
- Chilling the dough: You may find that the dough is too soft to work with. In this case, cover the dough with plastic and refrigerate it for 30-40 minutes. Chilling will prevent your cookies from spreading during baking too. When the dough is firm, shape balls, flatten them a little bit to make cookies. I came across recipes that recommend chilling the entire sheet with cookies. It is absolutely wrong! Your baking sheet will be cold. Don’t use cold ingredients and baking trays. It will affect the baking time.
- Parchment paper: Always line your baking trays with parchment paper or use a non-stick silpat. You will get evenly baked cookies that won’t stick to the tray.
- Chocolate chips: Two cups of chocolate chips seem to be a lot. Trust me, the cookies won’t be too sweet. You can even top them with some extra chocolate chips just before baking.
- Don’t over bake: The baking time for these cookies-8-10 minutes. Remove them from the oven when they are about to start browning. They will not look done.
If you don’t have oven, but you badly want to make this cookies, use your stove. Preheat non-stick pan and brush it with some butter. Form balls out of the dough, take a few balls and place them in the pan, then smash them with your palm or using a spatula. Cook for 5 minutes, uncovered. Flip cookies and cook for another 5 minutes.
CAN I FREEZE CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE DOUGH
Yes!!!The chocolate chip cookies dough freezes really well. Cover the dough with plastic and keep in an airtight container.
I recommend to freeze raw dough because the texture of cookies made of frozen dough will be the same. But you can also freeze baked cookies as well. In this case, you should understand that texture of cookies might change and they will not have that homemade smell and freshness.
You can store baked cookies in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5-7 days. Alternatively freeze them for 3-4 months.
Looking for more dessert recipes? Check these recipes:
If you make this Chocolate chip cookie recipe be sure to leave a comment or give this recipe a rating! I will be happy to hear from you!
HOW TO MAKE THE BEST CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIESPrint
THE BEST CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES IN THE WORLD
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 8
This is seriously the BEST Chocolate chip cookies in the world! These cookies are buttery, soft with chocolate in every bite. They turn out perfectly every time! They will be on your table in 20 minutes. You don’t need a mixer to make them and can make these chocolate chip cookies without oven even.
- Unsalted butter ( softened)-1 cup
- Brown sugar-½ cup
- Granulated white sugar- ½ cup
- Vanilla extract-2 tbsp.
- Large eggs-2
- All-purpose flour-3 cups
- Baking powder- 1 tsp.
- Salt-½ tsp.
- Chocolate chips- 2 cups
- Preheat your oven to 375 F/ 190 C and place the rack in the center of the oven.
- Line 1-2 baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large bowl beat the butter until smooth, using a hand mixer or by hand. Alternatively you can use a stand mixer.
- Add brown sugar and continue beating, then add white sugar and vanilla extract and beat until fluffy, about 2 minutes.
- Beat in eggs, one at a time until they are well incorporated.
- Combine all-purpose flour with baking powder and salt in another large bowl.
- Add dry ingredients and chocolate chips to the egg-butter mixture and mix well until combined. If the dough is too soft, cover the bowl with plastic and put in the fridge for 30 minutes to firm.
- Take a tablespoon of batter and form a ball, repeat with the remaining dough. Transfer onto the tray and flatten each ball to make cookies.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 9-10 minutes. Remove them from the oven when they are about to start turning brown.
- Allow them to sit on the tray for 1-2 minute and then transfer to a cooling rack.
- Serve with Homemade Almond milk or tea.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 10
- Category: Cookie recipes
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 cookie
- Calories: 279 kcal
- Sugar: 14.4 g
- Sodium: 345 mg
- Fat: 19 g
- Carbohydrates: 25 g
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 3 g
- Cholesterol: 7.8 mg
Keywords: easy chocolate chip cookies, how to make the best chocolate chip cookie, cookie recipes
All rights reserved. CHEF JAR. All images and content are copyright protected. PLEASE do not use my images without my permission. If you want to share this recipe, PLEASE provide a link back to this post.
If you make this recipe, take a photo of your creation and hashtag it # CHEFJAR on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter!
Leave a Reply