This Baked Parmesan Crusted Salmon is an easy yet crowd-pleasing whole salmon fillet recipe. It features flaky salmon with the crispy breadcrumb topping that adds restaurant-quality flavor to your baked salmon.
- 2 pounds side wild or farm salmon fillet
- 1/3 cup full-fat or low-fat mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 4 cloves garlic , minced
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- Salt and pepper
- 3/4 cup Panko breadcrumbs
- 3/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup parsley, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup unsalted melted butter
- Lemon wedges , to serve
- Position an oven rack in the middle and preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C). Line a baking tray or sheet with parchment paper. Place the salmon, skin side down, on the prepared baking sheet, and set it aside for further cooking.
- In a small bowl mix together the mayonnaise, Dijon mustard, garlic, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper.
- Spread it over the salmon.
- In a separate small bowl, combine the breadcrumbs, Parmesan cheese and parsley. Pour in the melted butter and season with 3/4 teaspoon of salt and 1/3 teaspoon of pepper (adjust to taste). Mix the ingredients together and allow the breadcrumbs to absorb the butter.
- Spread the mixture over the salmon, gently pressing it onto the top of the fillet to ensure it's fully coated.
- Bake uncovered for 12-15 minutes, adjusting the time based on the thickness of your fillet. Look for a golden crust and ensure the salmon is cooked and flakes easily with a fork.
- Serve it with lemon wedges and add a squeeze of lemon if desired. Pair it with a salad, steamed vegetables, rice, or mashed potatoes for a complete meal.
- To store: Store leftover baked salmon fillet in the fridge for 3-5 days.
- To reheat: You can use the salmon cold in salads, or reheat in the oven at 350 degrees F. The microwave works in a pinch to reheat, but is more likely to dry out the fish.
- Freezing is not recommended.
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cook Time: 15
- Category: Salmon recipes
- Cuisine: American
- Calories: 384 kcal
- Sugar: 0.1 g
- Sodium: 372 mg
- Fat: 23 g
- Saturated Fat: 4 g
- Carbohydrates: 7 g
- Fiber: 0.4 g
- Protein: 28 g
- Cholesterol: 102 mg
Keywords: parmesan crusted salmon, baked salmon, salmon recipes, salmon