This creamy herb chicken recipe is easy to make with some chicken breast in only 30 minutes. Serve it in a deliciously creamy herb sauce with mashed potatoes and veggies.
Creamy Herb Chicken
You really can’t beat an easy chicken recipe for convenience or for crowd-pleasing ability. This flavorful, tasty dish is astonishingly good. Perhaps best of all, it’s ready in only thirty minutes!
Don’t forget to check out our recipe tips below, either!
This recipe relies heavily on the interplay between a few key flavors. The most important flavor factor is our chicken, and how well it responds to the right seasoning. You’ll notice that we’re going for earthy, aromatic herbs as our choice of seasoning for this recipe. This is because these beautifully complement the seared, savory flavor of a perfectly cooked piece of chicken. They’ll also help to flavor the creamy sauce!
The sauce is buoyed by a hint of lemon juice, which adds some citrus pop to the creamy, decadent sauce. Heavy, nourishing flavors like this are all about balance. The herbs and lemon juice really help to make things better, as they are excellent at balancing saltiness out without overwhelming the palate.
We’re also using fresh parsley as garnish and seasoning. This is partially to add some vibrant color to the serving, but also because parsley, like lemon, adds freshness and zing to an otherwise heavy, savory dish.
How to Make Creamy Herb Chicken
- Cut each chicken breast in half lengthwise to make 4 fillets. Season the fillets on both sides with salt, pepper, onion powder, garlic powder and Italian seasoning. Dredge in flour and shake off excess.
- Sear the chicken for 4-5 minutes per side, or until no longer pink inside. Transfer to a plate.
- In the same skillet, heat 2 tablespoons olive oil, add the garlic together with parsley, thyme, rosemary and basil, and cook until fragrant, about 30-40 seconds.
- Stir in half & half, sour cream and lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper to your liking. Bring to a simmer. Reduce the heat and simmer for 1-2 minutes.
- Return the chicken to the skillet. Garnish with fresh parsley if desired.
- You can use small chicken breasts, but if you choose to do so, we recommend using 3-4 rather than 2.
- Use 1 ½ cups heavy cream instead of half & half/sour cream if need be. Let it bubble gently and reduce for up to ten minutes to thicken it up before adding the chicken. Alternatively, thicken it up with corn starch mixture.
- Want to use some bacon? Cook 6 strips of thick-cut bacon low and slow in the skillet. Then remove the bacon, saving the drippings. Wipe your pan clean and cook the chicken in the bacon drippings for extra flavor. Then roughly chop your crispy bacon and sprinkle it on top before serving.
What to Serve with Creamy Herb Chicken
Perhaps our favorite side dish for this is roasted or baked vegetables. Some crispy, crunchy goodness and just the right amount of color is the perfect accompaniment to this decadent, savory dinner. We love crunchy roasted greens like broccoli, asparagus, or green beans with this dinner for looks and flavor. Even better, we’re in love with a side of garlic bread to mop up any sauce leftover in your plate when you’re done… bon appetit!
- Potatoes. Roasted Potatoes, Mashed Potatoes, Greek, Potato Wedges, Scalloped, Grilled, Skillet, whatever you like!
- Roasted Vegetables. We recommend Broccoli, Roasted Asparagus, Air Fryer Green Beans, or Carrots.
- Pasta. You can go for Buttered Noodles, Garlic Parmesan Pasta, Creamy Herb Pasta, Mushroom Ravioli.
- Or everybody’s favorite, Air Fryer Garlic Bread with Cheese!
- Any leftovers will keep in an airtight container in the fridge for up to three days. You could also freeze your leftovers for up to three months. Leftovers freeze surprisingly well!
- If you’re reheating from frozen, be sure to thaw overnight in the fridge. Then bake your leftovers in a small, lightly greased, covered casserole dish at 350° for 20-25 minutes.
More Chicken Breast Recipes to Try!!!
If you make this recipe be sure to leave a comment or give this recipe a rating ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐! I will be happy to hear from you!Print
All rights reserved. CHEF JAR. All images and content are copyright protected. PLEASE do not use my images without my permission. If you want to share this recipe, PLEASE provide a link back to this post.