This Creamy Salmon recipe is easy, delicious and ready in 20 minutes. Learn how to cook salmon in a mouth-watering, creamy coconut sauce. Pan seared salmon fillets are juicy inside with crispy edges. Coated in a delicious dairy-free coconut garlic sauce with a hint of chili.
It is a one-skillet dish. You will love everything about this salmon recipe, how easy it comes together and how amazingly it tastes. Perfect for lunch or dinner!
HOW TO PAN SEAR SALMON?
Pan searing helps to develop color and flavor. Let’s have a look at this method.
• Bring salmon to room temperature.
• Wash salmon and pat dry. You can keep skin on or use skinless fillets. Personally I prefer to use skinless salmon fillets for recipes with a sauce.
• Heat oil in a large skillet which can accommodate all the fillets.
• Season salmon with garlic powder, salt and pepper all over.
What side of salmon do you sear first?
• Start with the skin-side down and flesh-side up and sear for 4-5 minutes, depending on thickness of salmon. Once it is crisp, flip and sear for 5 minutes more.
HOW TO MAKE CREAMY SALMON
• Salmon: Season salmon and pan sear in a large non-stick pan over medium heat. Once it is cooked, transfer to a plate.
• Make the creamy coconut sauce: In the same skillet cook garlic until fragrant, stir in coconut cream, coconut milk powder and almond flour. Season with salt, red chili flakes and add 1 green chili.
• Return salmon back to the pan: When the creamy sauce is ready, put the salmon into the skillet with the sauce, top with charred lemon slices and sprinkle with parsley.
• Serve: It goes really well with so many dishes. Serve it with steamed broccoli, Instant Pot Jasmine rice, Instant Pot brown Rice, mashed potatoes or with quinoa salad.
Some people prefer baking salmon to pan searing because baking doesn’t require your constant attention. And it is perfect method of cooking if you have 4 fillets or even less.
How to season salmon for baking?
I recommend to use salt, ground black pepper and garlic powder. You can mince garlic and rub it on salmon fillets instead of using garlic powder. Actually salmon goes well with so many spices and herbs. You can add dill, sage, parsley or coriander. The last will work especially well with coconut cream sauce.
Do you cover salmon when baking?
Season salmon and bake for at 450°F / 225 °C for 12-15 minutes, uncovered. The cooking time will depend on the thickness of salmon fillets.
How do you know when salmon is done baking?
When salmon is cooked through, its color changes from red to pale pink. Another way to check for doneness is to peek a sharp knife into the thickest part of the fillet and see if meat starts to flake or not. If yes, salmon is done. This is how you can tell if salmon is done baking for this creamy salmon recipe.
Baking method for Creamy Coconut Salmon:
• In the preheated oven bake salmon for 12-15 minutes at 450°F / 225 °C.
• Prepare the coconut cream sauce as described in the recipe.
• Pour the sauce over the cooked salmon fillets and bake another 3-5 minutes.
If you like this Creamy Salmon recipe, try other seafood recipes with creamy sauce:
- Garlic Shrimp in Buttery Creamy Sauce
- Creamy Garlic Butter Tuscan Shrimp
- Baked Fish fillets in creamy sauce
- Baked Trout in Parisienne sauce
- Shrimp Alfredo
If you make this Creamy salmon recipe be sure to leave a comment or give this recipe a rating! I will be happy to hear from you!
All rights reserved. CHEF JAR. All images and content are copyright protected. PLEASE do not use my images without my permission. If you want to share this recipe, PLEASE provide a link back to this post.
If you make this recipe, take a photo of your creation and hashtag it # CHEFJAR on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter!