This baked trout in creamy lemon pepper sauce will become a real hit. It is easy to make, very flavorful & healthy. Ready in 30 minutes. For seafood lovers!
Trout is such a wonderful fish! It is very healthy, easy to cook & most important it tastes incredible. If you are new to trout, you might be surprised at what you can do with this amazing fish. You can fry, bake, poach, grill …etc.
Reasons to start taking Trout seriously
- Full of proteins and healthy fats
- Perfect for low-budget
- Easy to cook
I am sure that you have just written down “trout “on your shopping list, so now it is time to learn a few tips how to bake it.
Tip for Baked trout
- Always pat trout dry before baking.
- Use dry herbs to enhance baked trout flavor. Mix a small amount of oil with dry herbs (of your choice) and brush with this mixture your trout.
- Bake no longer than 12-15 minutes at 200 C/ 400 F.
I can assure you will fall in love with trout after trying this simple & mouth-watering recipe.
Are you still looking for simple yet very delicious recipes to cook trout? Stop! Your hunt is over! Try & share your experience.
BAKED TROUT RECIPE
- Trout steaks - 1 kg or 2.2 lb
- Lemon ( sliced)- 1
- Ginger ( chopped)- 1 tbsp ( optional)- use only for marinade
- Olive oil- 1 tbsp
- Fish seasoning ( any of your choice)- 1 tsp
- FOR THE SAUCE
- Unsalted butter ( melted )- 3 tbsp
- All- purpose flour- 3 tbsp
- vegetable stock ( boiling)- 2 cups
- Heavy cream-1/4 cup
- Egg yolks ( lightly beaten)- 2
- Lemon juice- 2 tbsp
- Salt- to taste
- Ground black pepper- 1 tsp
- FOR SERVING
- Unsalted butter ( melted)- 1 tbsp
- Parsley chiffonade- 1 tbsp ( optional)
- Cayenne pepper - ¼ tsp
- Preheat your oven to 200 C / 400 F with the rack in the center.
- In a small bowl combine olive oil, fish seasoning, ginger and lemon juice ( from squeezed lemon slices). Pour the mixture over the trout steaks, coat evenly. Allow to marinate 10 minutes.
- Transfer the marinated trout steaks with lemon slices into a large oven-safe skillet and bake 9-10 minutes.
- In the meanwhile, use a rubber spatula & blend together the melted butter & flour in a large pan over medium heat.
- Pour the boiling vegetable stock and whisk with a wire whip.
- Add the egg yolks & heavy cream. Bring to boil. Season with the black pepper and lemon juice. Beat in 1 tbs of the melted butter.
- Remove the baked trout from the oven and pour the sauce immediately. Sprinkle cayenne pepper & garnish with parsley chiffonade.
- Happy Healthy Eating!
An oven safe pan, a wire whip, a rubber spatula