Learn how to make Buffalo Chicken pizza at home like a pro with this easy buffalo chicken pizza recipe. Homemade crispy pizza crust with a creamy ranch dressing, shredded chicken, spicy buffalo sauce, herbs, chives and cheeses. Easy to make from scratch!
Try this pizza and you will never want to order again! I am sure it will become your family favorite pizza recipe!
Buffalo Chicken Pizza Recipe
If you love pizza and buffalo chicken wings, you should learn how to make this buffalo chicken pizza at home. You are going to love it! It has the best of both worlds. Juicy chicken, buffalo sauce, herbs and cheeses are fused with the best homemade pizza crust. It is definitely a winner!
Even though I live in an area where we have many options for pizza delivery, I prefer to make pizza at home instead of ordering. You might want to check my Pierogi Pizza recipe, Pizza Napoletana, Thin Crust Pizza Dough or Gluten Free New York style pizza dough. This buffalo chicken pizza is budget-friendly, very flavorful and you can get creative with the topping.
Buffalo Chicken Pizza Ingredients
Let’s chat about the ingredients! To make this pizza you will need:
- Pizza dough: To make homemade pizza dough is easier than you might think. It comes together in minutes when using a stand mixer. But you can mix all the ingredients for the dough in a bowl, then knead it on a lightly floured surface for 5-10 minutes. Also you can use store-bought pizza dough.
- Cooked chicken: Do you have leftover roasted chicken? It is the perfect way to use it! Rotisserie chicken is another great option. And, of course, you can always boil chicken breast or thigh and shred it.
- Fresh cilantro: I like how cilantro pairs with other ingredients. But you can substitute it with parsley.
- Chives: They add freshness to the pizza.
- Dried parsley: Oregano or dill will work as well.
- Buffalo sauce: I always use Frank’s sauce, but I think any other brand will work well.
- Garlic cloves: They add so much flavor. Make sure to grate garlic.
- Ranch dressing: I should say that ranch dressing is one of my favourite pizza sauces. Actually it goes much better with pizza than with salads. A creamy and tangy goodness! If you have never tried pizza with ranch, you are missing a lot!
- Mozzarella cheese: It has an amazing meltability and adds that gooey texture.
- Cheddar cheese: Use orange cheddar cheese to add color to your pizza.
- Blue cheese crumbs: It has a wonderful creamy texture and pairs really well with buffalo sauce.
How to make buffalo chicken pizza
Pizza crust: Homemade pizza dough requires a few ingredients and very easy to make. Mix all the dough ingredients, knead and allow to rise for 40-60 minutes in a warm place. While the dough is rising, preheat the oven to 500 F / 260 C. If you have a pizza stone, place it in cold oven and start preheating as well.
Topping: In a small bowl combine all the ingredients for the topping except the cheeses and ranch (cooked chicken, chives, cilantro, buffalo hot sauce, dried parsley, salt and garlic).
Assemble the pizza: Stretch the dough into a 12 inch (30 cm) circle on the tray/ sheet lined with parchment paper. You can dust it with cornmeal if desired. Spread the ranch dressing over the pizza and top with the chicken mixture. Finally top with cheeses.
Bake: Place the tray/sheet in the oven and bake for 10-15 minutes in the preheated oven or until the crust is golden and the cheese has melted. If using a pizza stone, slide the pizza (with parchment paper) onto the stone and bake. Remove from the oven and sprinkle with extra chives. Serve immediately.
- If you have leftover roasted chicken or rotisserie chicken, freeze it in a freezer safe bag and use in the recipes like this later. It is a true time saver.
- For extra spicy pizza, sprinkle some red chili flakes on the top and serve. If you love papa john's garlic sauce, serve the pizza with homemade garlic butter. It is super quick and easy to make.
- You can double the ingredients for the dough. After kneading the dough, form a ball and drizzle with olive oil. Cover with plastic and refrigerate for up to 7 days. The dough will slowly rise in the fridge. Make sure to cover the bowl tightly to prevent from drying out.
How to store buffalo chicken pizza
Store leftovers: Allow to cool completely, and place in an airtight container. Keep in the fridge for 3-4 days. You can also freeze individual slices for 1-2 months. Reheat in the microwave or oven for the best results.
Making ahead of time: Assemble the pizza, freeze and use whenever you need.
- Assemble the pizza as described in the recipe.
- Cover tightly with plastic and freeze. Once it is completely frozen cover with more plastic. Label and freeze for 4-5 months.
- Thaw on the counter for 30 minutes. Bake and enjoy!
Buffalo Chicken Pizza Video
If you enjoy this Buffalo chicken pizza video, please subscribe to my YouTube channel (thank you for subscribing). Want to be the first to know when I post a new video? Make sure to click the BELL icon.
What to serve with buffalo chicken pizza
You don’t need anything for this incredible pizza. However, here are some of go-to’s:
If you make this buffalo chicken pizza be sure to leave a comment or give this recipe a rating! I will be happy to hear from you!Print
All rights reserved. CHEF JAR. All images and content are copyright protected. PLEASE do not use my images without my permission. If you want to share this recipe, PLEASE provide a link back to this post.
If you make this recipe, take a photo of your creation and hashtag it # CHEFJAR on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter!