This Gluten Free New York style pizza dough is one of the best gluten-free dough you’ve ever made. And best of all, you can make gluten free pizza crust in your own kitchen.
GLUTEN FREE PIZZA CRUST
Gluten-free pizza has a terrible reputation. The reason behind this is that almost all gluten free pizza crusts are very thin and become very hard once baked in the oven. But, guys, crust is crucial when making pizza. If crust doesn’t support pizza topping and sauce, the pizza is not worth eating.
How to Make Gluten Free Pizza Dough (TIPS)
Whether you have gluten sensitivity, celiac disease or wheat allergy, you deserve to eat good gluten-free pizza. The good news is that you can make it with your own hands!
It is not hard to make gluten free pizza. In fact, it is super easy! You just need to keep in mind:
- Gluten-free dough needs time. 12-48 hour fermentation will transform your dough into the best pizza dough. I prefer to make this gluten free dough in the evening and refrigerate for 12-48 hours.
- Quality ingredients are crucial for quality pizza.
- Preparing gluten-free pizza can be challenging, because gluten free dough is sticker and wetter than wheat dough. That’s why I use parchment paper to transfer pizza into the oven.
- Knead gluten-free dough slowly otherwise you will end with hard dough.
More Pizza recipes:
GLUTEN FREE NEW YORK STYLE PIZZA DOUGH RECIPEPrint
GLUTEN FREE NEW YORK STYLE PIZZA DOUGH
- Total Time: 2 hours
- Yield: 4
This Gluten Free New York style pizza dough is one of the best gluten-free dough you’ve ever made. And best of all, you can make it in your own kitchen.
- Warm water- 300 ml / 1.2 cup , 110 F/45 C
- Active dry yeast- 1 tsp.
- Sugar-1 tsp.
- White rice flour- ½ cup
- Tapioca flour -½ cup
- Potato flour- ¾ cup
- Salt- ¾ tsp
- Olive oil- 1 tbsp, plus more for greasing
- In a small bowl combine the water, yeast and sugar. Set aside to allow yeast to activate for 5-10 minutes, until foamy.
- In a medium bowl whisk together the rice flour, tapioca flour, potato flour, olive oil and salt.
- Add the yeast mixture and stir to combine.
- Transfer the dough on a lightly greased surface and knead it slowly otherwise your gluten-free dough will become hard.
- Lightly grease a medium -sized bowl with olive oil. Put the dough into it and cover loosely with plastic.
- Refrigerate for at least 12 hours.
- Remove from the fridge at least 2 hours before making pizza. Allow the dough to come to room temperature.
- Prep Time: 1 hour 30 mins
- Cook Time: 30 mins
- Category: Gluten free recipes
- Cuisine: International
Keywords: gluten free pizza dough, pizza dough recipe, pizza
All rights reserved. CHEF JAR. All images and content are copyright protected. PLEASE do not use my images without my permission. If you want to share this recipe, PLEASE provide a link back to this post.
If you make this recipe, take a photo of your creation and hashtag it # CHEFJAR on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter!
Leave a Reply