These baked cinnamon sugar donuts are super soft, light and delicious. Coated in cinnamon sugar, these donuts are a crowd pleaser! Ready in 25 minutes.
Cinnamon Sugar Donuts
These sugar donuts are sweet, loaded with blueberries and practically melt in your mouth. They are baked, not fried. Be careful, they are very addictive! You can’t eat just one. The recipe is very easy, and if you follow it, you will get a batch of fantastic cinnamon sugar donuts in just 25 minutes. They are perfect to serve for breakfast, coffee break or after dinner.
Ingredients for baked cinnamon sugar donuts
These donuts are super easy to make. The batter comes together in minutes and is made with simple ingredients. Here is what you’ll need:
- Butter: We prefer to use butter, but oil will work really well. However, it won’t provide as much flavour as butter.
- Milk: Full fat or low fat milk works well for this recipe. For a dairy free alternative, use almond milk, oat milk or soy milk (we found it the best for baking).
- Yogurt: You can use Greek or plain yogurt.
- Vanilla extract
- Cinnamon: Feel free to adjust the amount to your liking.
- All-purpose flour: I didn’t test this recipe with gluten free flour. If you’ve tried, please share your experience in the comment section below.
- Baking powder and soda
- Blueberry jam and blueberries: You can use store-bought or homemade jam. I used ¼ cup of jam. If using more, it will give you a more discoloured batter.
How to make cinnamon sugar donuts
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175° C).
- Whisk together the melted butter, yogurt, milk,egg, vanilla and sugar in a large bowl until combined.
- Add the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt and mix just until combined. Stir in the blueberry jam and fresh/frozen blueberries only 2-3 times to have only streaks of jam.
- Transfer the batter into a piping bag, pipe it into each donut cup (filling 2/3 the way full). Bake in the preheated oven for 10 minutes. Remove from the oven and allow to cool for 5 minutes. Place the donuts onto a cooling rack. You might need to run a knife around the edges to release them. Repeat with the remaining batter.
- In a shallow bowl mix the cinnamon and sugar.
- Brush each doughnut with melted butter and dip into the cinnamon-sugar mixture.
Baked vs Fried Donuts
I should admit, that baked donuts are my absolute favourite treats. And a donut pan makes the entire process a breeze. You get perfectly round donuts every time you make them. Simply grease a donut pan, pipe the batter and bake. Reasons to love baked donuts:
- Easy to make: The batter comes together in minutes.
- Baked donuts are healthier than fried donuts. If you are on a diet, they are a great alternative to fried donuts.
- They are quick. It takes about 25-30 minutes to make a batch of these amazing blueberry donuts.
- You don’t need yeast. These donuts are made without yeast. This simply means that no rising time needed.
How to store baked donuts
If stored properly, these donuts should keep 3 days at room temperature or 4-5 days in the fridge. We recommend to cover them in plastic wrap and place in a plastic container or bag.
You can freeze them for up to 4 months.
More Delicious Blueberry Recipes
If you make this recipe be sure to leave a comment or give this recipe a rating ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐! I will be happy to hear from you!Print
All rights reserved. CHEF JAR. All images and content are copyright protected. PLEASE do not use my images without my permission. If you want to share this recipe, PLEASE provide a link back to this post.
If you make this recipe, take a photo of your creation and hashtag it # CHEFJAR on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter!