These baked cinnamon sugar donuts are super soft, light and delicious. Coated in cinnamon sugar, these donuts are a crowd pleaser!
For The Batter
- Unsalted butter (melted)-2 tablespoons
- Whole milk ( at room temperature)-1/3 cup
- Large egg ( at room temperature)-1
- Plain yogurt-1/4 cup
- Vanilla extract-2 teaspoons
- White sugar-1/4 cup
- All-purpose flour-1 1/4 cup
- Baking powder-1 teaspoon
- Salt-1/2 teaspoon
- Baking soda-1/2 teaspoon
- Blueberry jam-1/4 cup
- Fresh or frozen blueberries- 2 tablespoons
Cinnamon Sugar Coating
- Granulated white sugar-1/2 cup
- Ground cinnamon-1/2-1 teaspoon
- Salted butter (melted)-4 tablespoons
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175° C). Grease a 6-cup doughnut pan with melted butter or spray with a cooking spray. Alternatively, you can use a 12-cup muffin pan.
- Whisk together the melted butter, yogurt, milk,egg, vanilla and sugar in a large bowl until combined.
- Add the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt and mix just until combined. Stir in the blueberry jam and fresh/frozen blueberries only 2-3 times to have only streaks of jam.
- Transfer the batter into a piping bag, pipe it into each doughnut cup (filling 2/3 the way full). Bake in the preheated oven for 10 minutes. Remove from the oven and allow to cool for 5 minutes. Place the doughnuts onto a cooling rack. You might need to run a knife around the edges to release them. Repeat with the remaining batter.
- In a shallow bowl mix the cinnamon and sugar.
- Brush each doughnut with melted butter and dip into the cinnamon-sugar mixture. Enjoy!
If using a muffin pan, fill 2/3 the way full. Bake for 12 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the middle of a muffin comes out dry, not with wet batter.
- Prep Time: 15 min
- Cook Time: 10 min
- Category: Dessert recipes
- Cuisine: American
- Calories: 171.99kcal
- Sugar: 15.67g
- Sodium: 179.66mg
- Fat: 6.6g
- Saturated Fat: 3.97g
- Carbohydrates: 25.9g
- Fiber: 0.45g
- Protein: 2.34g
- Cholesterol: 32.06mg
Keywords: baked cinnamon sugar donuts, donuts, baked donuts