It's the perfect no bake blueberry cheesecake recipe to make if you're new to making cheesecakes. It's easy to prepare, full of flavor and no Baking! This cheesecake is so smooth, light, and creamy and sets up beautifully in the refrigerator!
The No Bake Blueberry Cheesecake is a must-try amongst every baking connoisseur. Not only is the cheesecake rich and creamy, it is also ultra-easy to prepare. I particularly love to make this cake during spring and when the weather is quite summery. Whenever I am having a time out with my girls, I package a few cuts for a visit.
My recipe for this cake produces a confectionery that can compete with those featured on the menu of opulent restaurants. As the name implies, this cheesecake requires no form of baking. The ingredients for this dessert can be easily sourced, and no bake blueberry cheesecake is also quite pocket-friendly. The cream cheese which forms the bulk of the cake makes its creamy and moist.
One of the distinct features of this cheesecake that makes it a winner is the light-as-air filling made of lemon peel, lemon juice and whipping cream. I love the zesty smell of lemon and how it gives me a feeling of revival.
Oreo cookies are loved by virtually every member of my family, so I always look for ways to incorporate them in my recipes. You can never go wrong if you do. Such a delight!
To make the best no-bake cheesecakes, here are some tips you should follow.
- Do not over-mix: Over-mixing, with or without the use of food mixer, may result in a very soft cheesecake. Hence adequate care should be taken.
- Do not use cold cream: To achieve the best result, using creams at room temperature is ideal. Cold creams, if used, have the tendency of forming lumps. It's advisable to remove the cream from the fridge prior to the beginning of the preparation.
- Chill: It is essential that the filling is chilled adequately. At least, four hours is enough to get this, however, you can also chill over the night. Contrariwise, freezing should be avoided as the cheesecake and its filling becomes too hard.
- Preserving: Cheesecakes can spoil relatively easily, hence, you need to be careful. Keeping the cheesecake at room temperature for several minutes will increase the rate of spoilage. It's more ideal to make small batches than large ones since you will able to finish it. Peradventure there is a need for storage, a fridge should be used, however, put them in an airtight.
I love my cheesecakes very pretty so I find it fascinating to decorate with an assortment of edibles that I find pleasing. My go-to food item to use is fresh blueberries, for obvious reasons. However, if you want a rainbow of colors you can go for a variety of fruits like strawberries or raspberries. No bake Blueberry Cheesecake looks and tastes good, it definitely ranks high on my food list of crowd-pleasers.
NO BAKE BLUEBERRY CHEESECAKE RECIPE
- Total Time: 4 hours 30 mins
- Yield: 12 1x
It's the perfect No Bake Blueberry cheesecake recipe to make if you're new to making cheesecakes. It's easy to prepare, full of flavor and no Baking! This cheesecake is so smooth, light, and creamy and sets up beautifully in the refrigerator!
- FOR THE CRUST
- Oreo cookies (without filling) – 7 pack ( 38 gm) or 28 cookies
- Unsalted melted butter- 110 gm or ½ cup
- FOR BLUEBERRY PUREE TOPPING
- Blueberries – 220 gm
- Sugar- 70 gm or ⅓ cup
- Lemon juice -2 tbsp.
- Gelatin Powder- 15 gm or 3 tsp.
- Hot water- 60 ml
- LEMON FILLING
- Whipping Cream- 500 ml
- Cream Cheese-225 gm
- Lemon peel- 1 tsp.
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Gelatin Powder- 20 gm or 4 tsp.
- Hot water -80 ml
- Fresh blueberries- 2 tbsp. or as needed
- BLUEBERRY PUREE. In a medium saucepan combine blueberries and sugar and bring to a full boil over high heat, stirring constantly. Cook 2 minutes. Remove from the heat and allow to cool completely. Puree in a food processor or blender until smooth.
- In a small bowl dissolve gelatin powder in hot water (60 ml). Pour it into the blueberry puree and mix. Set aside.
- OREO CRUST. Remove the filling from Oreo cookies and crush them in a food processor or you can crush them using a rolling pin. Place the cookies (without filling) in a plastic bag and roll the sealed bag with a rolling pin. Using the second method, you will need to put some muscle into it to get fine crumbs.
- In a medium bowl, combine the Oreo crumbs and melted butter. Press into bottom of cheesecake pan. Freeze while you prepare the lemon filling.
- LEMON FILLING.Pour the whipping cream in a large cold bowl and whisk on high speed until soft peaks form. Add the cream cheese and continue beating until stiff peaks form. Add the lemon peal and lemon juice; beat 5-10 sec just to combine.
- In a small bowl combine gelatin powder with hot water (80 ml). Stir briskly with a fork until dissolved.
- Pour the gelatin mixer into the bowl with whipping cream and mix by hand.
- ASSEMBLE. Pour the filling over the frozen crust, smoothing out to sides of the spring form. Pour the blueberry puree over the filling. Cover with plastic and refrigerate for at least 6 hours before decorating. Run a hot knife around the edge of pan to loosen.
- DECORATION. Top with fresh blueberries if desired.
EQUIPMENT: 9-inch (23 cm) cheesecake pan or springform pan with 3-inch ( 7.5 cm ) sides
- Prep Time: 30 mins
- Cook Time: 4 hours
- Category: Cheesecake recipes
- Cuisine: American
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
Leave a Reply