This air fryer zucchini chips are crispy, crunchy and keto-friendly. It is a perfect way to use up your zucchini. No breading is required.
Why We Love This Air Fryer Zucchini Chips
- Looking for a savory snack, but a little healthier? Look no further! You can cut back on your crunchy carb cravings with these zucchini chips.
- We love baked veggie chips. Usually we’d have to bake them in the oven, low and slow, to really get the best results.
- Now, with your air fryer and this 30 minute recipe, you can have snacks ready by half-time on a game day.
We’re using a handful of keto-friendly wholesome ingredients and a minimal amount of oil to really get the most out of these great chips. There’s so much to enjoy about these crunchy, taste chips.
- Zucchini, sliced to replicate potato chip slices
- Salt, for extracting moisture from the zucchini once it’s sliced
- Olive oil, or any other high-heat neutral-flavored cooking oil
- Garlic, onion powder and ground black pepper, or any other preferred spice combo
- Parmesan cheese, freshly grated from a block
How to Make Zucchini Chips in Air Fryer
There’s a few tricks to making your zucchini chips really successful.
- Slice the zucchini into ⅛-inch thick rounds.
- Place the zucchini slices in the bowl, sprinkling with salt. Toss generously and allow the salt to do its work, sweating out the moisture from the chips for at least ten minutes. This is a really vital step to ensure that your chips are perfectly crispy. You can’t really afford to skip it, as any latent moisture in the zucchini slices will turn into steam during the cooking process. Still tasty, but not exactly the crispy, crunchy chip experience we’re going for.
- Once your zucchini chips have had the time to sweat, rinse and transfer to a plate lined with paper towels. Press them very gently to remove any remaining traces of moisture.
- Preheat your air fryer to 350 degrees F.
- Add the zucchini slices, oil, garlic, onion powder and black pepper to a large bowl. Toss well, getting a nice even coating across all your zucchini chips. You want them to be well seasoned.
- Carefully place your zucchini chips in a single layer in the hot air fryer basket, being sure not to overcrowd the basket. You want plenty of room for the chips to get nice and crispy.
- Now air fry your zucchini chips for 8-10 minutes. Flip them over halfway through cooking, using tongs.
- Transfer to a serving bowl. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese and parsley.
- Finally, allow them to cool down to room temperature, and serve as a fun snack or side dish!
Frequently Asked Questions
Our preferred flavor combo is salt, pepper, onion powder and fresh garlic. You can use any seasoning you like, however. Cumin and chili powder, classic Italian seasoning, Cajun seasoning, or some paprika are all great ideas.
In total, your chips need about 8-10 minutes to cook in the air fryer. You’ll need to fry them for 4-5 minutes per side at 350 degrees F, flipping halfway through cooking.
Zucchini chips don’t age well, so they’re best consumed the same day as they’re made. We would not recommend refrigerating them, as the condensation in the fridge could moisten them up and defeat the purpose of all your dehydrating.
Why are My Zucchini Chips Soggy?
If your zucchini chips aren’t crunchy, you may not have added enough salt, or not given your slices enough time to sweat out all their moisture.
Make sure to pat the raw zucchini pieces dry before cooking, as well.
More Easy Air Fryer Recipes
If you make this recipe be sure to leave a comment or give this recipe a rating ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐! I will be happy to hear from you!Print
All rights reserved. CHEF JAR. All images and content are copyright protected. PLEASE do not use my images without my permission. If you want to share this recipe, PLEASE provide a link back to this post.