This air fryer meatloaf is so juicy and cooks in a fraction of the time you’d take making it in the oven. Perhaps best of all, with minimal mess and prep, there’s barely any cleaning up to do after. What a win!
This meatloaf recipe uses a mix of meat, seasonings, and a delicious topping.
Why Make Meatloaf in the Air Fryer?
Classic meatloaf is a weeknight staple for many households. This air fryer version makes it even quicker and easier to enjoy.
- You can bake your air fryer meatloaf in about half the time it would otherwise take when compared to an oven recipe.
- In this recipe, we allow the fat to drip away in the pan, so you don’t wind up with an overly greasy, fatty meatloaf.
- We’ll be making two smaller meatloaves which are easier to handle (and more crispy edges!)
- Cleaning up is an absolute breeze.
- Be careful not to overmix your meat, which will make it tough and chewy. Only mix your ingredients until it’s just combined.
- Preheat your air fryer before adding the meatloaf to ensure that you get those crispy edges we all love.
- Air fryers can vary in power and cooking time from one make and model to another. We highly recommend that you use an instant read meat thermometer to check your meatloaf’s internal temperature. Meatloaf is fully cooked at 165 F.
- Always check your meatloaf early on to ensure that it doesn’t overcook. You can always cook it for more time if need be, but you can’t un-cook overcooked meat.
- Rest your meatloaf before slicing into it. This helps it to maintain its structural integrity and keeps all the flavorsome juices inside the meatloaf, not spilling out onto your chopping board. This way, your meatloaf won’t fall apart, and it stays moist and tender.
- Keep your meatloaf leftovers in a sealed container in the refrigerator. The meatloaf will keep for up to four days. You can reheat it in the air fryer or in your microwave.
Ingredients ( Notes)
- Meat: The meat for this meatloaf is ground beef. We’re using 80/20 lean ground beef for the best balance of flavor and texture. You can also use a combination of ground beef with turkey or pork. We love ground beef for meatloaf because it has the best flavor for this type of recipe. A combination of lean beef and pork is often used to make the meatloaf even more tender and juicy, but you should be aware that pork is a fattier meat than lean beef. This will increase the fat content of your meatloaf. It might not be by much, but it’s worth keeping in mind.
- Vegetables: We’re using parsley and garlic for a classic aromatic, flavorsome complement to the meat.
- For a binder, we’re using breadcrumbs with milk and egg, with some parmesan cheese, onion soup mix and Italian seasoning for that extra flavor factor. The milk and egg will really help the meatloaf to stay moist and tender, and will keep the meatloaf together after cooking when you slice into it. Just be sure to let it rest a couple of minutes before carving it up, or it might fall apart instead of forming beautiful, firm slices.
How To Make Air Fryer Meatloaf
Air fryer meatloaf is a really quick and easy weeknight dinner. It’s a great way to quickly and easily put a meal on your table. All you need to do is follow these easy, breezy steps.
Before cooking, be sure to preheat your air fryer to 350 F. Air fryers don’t take as long as ovens to reach cooking temperature, so some people don’t preheat their air fryer. You don’t always need to do this, but for this recipe we recommend it. That’s because everybody loves meatloaf with crispy edges! Placing your meatloaf in an air fryer that is already hot gets you those lovely crispy edges. This effect is diminished if you place the meatloaf in an air fryer that is still heating up.
- First, mix your meatloaf ingredients together, shaping them into two evenly sized loaves. You want your meatloaves to be about the same size, as close as you can reasonably get. This allows them to cook in about the same amount of time at the same rate.
- Place your meatloaves in the air fryer basket, brush with oil and cook for about twenty minutes.
- Add your topping and return the meatloaf to the air fryer to cook for another ten to fifteen minutes, or until the meatloaf reaches an internal temperature of 165 F.
- Finally, remove your meatloaves from the air fryer, allowing them to rest for about fives minutes before you serve it. This allows all the juices to settle into the meatloaf, guaranteeing you juicy, tender meatloaf every time.
Storage and Reheat
Allow your meatloaf to cool completely, place in an airtight container and store in the refrigerator for 4 days, but it is best consumed within 2 days. You can also store leftovers in the freezer for 3-4 months. Be sure to store it in a freezer safe container and label the date.
Reheating Air Fryer Meatloaf
You can use air fryer, microwave or oven. Read how to to reheat any meatloaf here. We highly recommend to reheat it in the air fryer or oven at 350°F |175°C| until heated through. The timing will vary depending on the size and thickness of your meatloaf slices.
Other Great Meatloaf Recipes
Italian Meatloaf with Ricotta Cheese
Easy Meatloaf with Few Ingredients
If you make this recipe be sure to leave a comment or give this recipe a rating ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐! I will be happy to hear from you!Print
Air Fryer Meatloaf
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
This air fryer meatloaf is so juicy and cooks in a fraction of the time you’d take making it in the oven. Perhaps best of all, with minimal mess and prep, there’s barely any cleaning up to do after.
- 1 pound 70-80% lean ground beef
- ½ packet Lipton Onion Soup Mix
- ⅓ cup Italian bread crumbs
- ¼ cup milk
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 egg
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Oil for brushing
For the Topping
- ½ cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- Preheat your air fryer to 350°F |176°C.
- In a large mixing bowl combine all the meatloaf ingredients: ground beef, onion soup mix, breadcrumbs, milk, Parmesan cheese, parsley, garlic, egg, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper.
- Divide the mixture into 2 equal portions and shape into two meatloaves, about 5-inch long and 2 inch wide. Place them in the air fryer and brush with oil.
- Air fry at 350°F |176°C for 20 minutes. If the loaves are getting too brown, place foil over the tops.
- Meanwhile, prepare the glaze. In a small bowl, mix together ketchup and brown sugar.
- After 20 minutes of cooking, add the topping and continue air frying at 350°F |176°C for 9-10 minutes. Check for doneness, using an instant read thermometer. If the internal temperature does not reach 160°F| 71°C, continue to cook at 5-minute intervals.
- Allow to rest in the basket for 5-10 minutes before slicing and serving.
Be careful not to overmix your meat, which will make it tough and chewy. Only mix your ingredients until it’s just combined.
Preheat your air fryer before adding the meatloaf to ensure that you get those crispy edges we all love.
Air fryers can vary in power and cooking time from one make and model to another. We highly recommend that you use an instant read meat thermometer to check your meatloaf’s internal temperature. Meatloaf is fully cooked at 165 F.
Always check your meatloaf early on to ensure that it doesn’t overcook. You can always cook it for more time if need be, but you can’t un-cook overcooked meat.
Always rest your meatloaf before slicing into it. This helps it to maintain its structural integrity and keeps all the flavorsome juices inside the meatloaf, not spilling out onto your chopping board. This way, your meatloaf won’t fall apart, and it stays moist and tender.
Keep your meatloaf leftovers in a sealed container in the refrigerator. The meatloaf will keep for up to four days. You can reheat it in the air fryer or in your microwave.
- Prep Time: 5 min
- Resting Time: 5 min
- Cook Time: 30 min
- Calories: 335kcal
- Sugar: 10g
- Sodium: 700mg
- Fat: 18g
- Saturated Fat: 7g
- Carbohydrates: 14g
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 26g
- Cholesterol: 126mg
Keywords: air fryer meatloaf, meatloaf air fryer, how to make meatloaf in air fryer
All rights reserved. CHEF JAR. All images and content are copyright protected. PLEASE do not use my images without my permission. If you want to share this recipe, PLEASE provide a link back to this post.
Easy, quick and good.
Thank you for your feedback Ashley!
Seriously, the best!
Thank you, Izzy!
Easy, delicious and quick recipe.
I've made this several times and it's AMAZING!
Thank you Lacie!
This was amazingly simple to make and the result was truly delicious! Thanks for sharing.
Hey, Arya! I am glad you enjoyed this air fryer meatloaf and thank you for sharing your experience!
I needed a quick meal and this was a huge hit in my family. Great flavor!
Yay!! That’s so great to hear. Thank YOU!
This meatloaf turned out wonderful!! We loved it!!
Thanks so much for the great review!❤️ Glad you liked the recipe!
Very moist and delicious! We really enjoyed this meatloaf. Easy to put all ingredients together. Will make it again!
That makes me so happy to hear Michaela, thanks so much for the great comments!😀
My family really enjoyed it and the next day it was even better. Will definitely make again.
Thanks so much for the great comments and for taking the time to leave a review Kathryn!I appreciate your support!💖
The meatloaf came out so flavorful and juicy! Will be making this one again!
Yayyy! Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a review!❤️ I am glad you liked the recipe!
Very nice meal. Simple and easy to make. We enjoyed it a lot and will definitely have it again!
Thank you, Rach! I am glad you liked this recipe)).
There are three of us in this household and we all loved it! Absolute goodness! This will be on our rotations for sure.
Thank you, Irene!
Karol Santos says
Made it EXACTLY as directed. Turned out fantastic with enough for several leftover lunches. Thanks for sharing!
Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a review!❤️ I am glad you liked the recipe!
It was very easy to prepare. Quickly became a favorite meal at my house! Definitely something I will make again.
Thank you, Juan!
My husband and I really enjoyed this dish! Thanks for a wonderful recipe.
Thank you, Maritina!
Easy and very tasty. Will definitely make again.
Thank you Lorena!
I made this recipe and it was a hit! Everyone loved it!
Thank you Makiah! I am glad you liked the recipe.
Very flavorful, moist and satisfying. Everyone had seconds!
Hey, Luana! I am glad you liked the recipe and thank you for sharing your experience!
This was a very quick and easy meal. Definitely a keeper!
Hey, Kelsey! Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a review!❤️ I am glad you liked this recipe!
Very easy to make and my whole family loved it. Thanks for sharing!
Hey, Annelie! Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a review!❤️ I am glad you like this air fryer meatloaf like we do!
Came out great. I definitely plan on making this again soon!
Thank you, Maripili!
This was by far the best meatloaf recipe!! Thoroughly enjoyed this dish! I received plenty of compliments. Thank you for sharing!
Thank you, Mitchie!