These air fryer potato wedges are perfectly seasoned and deliciously crispy. Serving the wedges with burrata cheese really gives them a little bit of extra “wow” factor.
Potato Wedges in Air Fryer
By making our potato wedges in air fryer, we’re keeping them crispy on the outside and tender on the inside. We also don’t need that much oil because air fryers work by circulating ultra-hot air, which also keeps them crispier than an oven would. That’s what we like to call a win-win situation!
To take things up a notch, we’ve carefully chosen some awesome seasonings for these wedges. We’re talking a delectable combination of garlic, smoked paprika, red chili flakes, salt, pepper, and of course some olive oil to add some serious flavor factor. We also love serving these wedges with burrata cheese for a bit of extra deliciousness.
How Do You Cut Potatoes Into Wedges?
First, you need to slice the potato in half lengthwise. Use a sharp chef’s knife, if you have one, to do this. Place each half with the cut side down on your chopping board and slice in half again to make quarters. Now place each quarter with the cut side up and slice in half along the center of the quarter to make your wedges!
The number of wedges you get depends on the size of your potatoes. You want your thick end to be about half an inch thick.
- Potatoes: we love russet potatoes for this recipe because they have a less waxy texture than other types of potatoes. This means you end up with crispier, more tender wedges! Save your waxier potatoes for soups and stews.
- Oil: we strongly recommend that you use extra virgin olive oil if you can. Olive oil is one of the healthiest oils you can use when cooking, and it’s absolutely packed with micronutrients and antioxidants to help you with your long-term health.
- Seasoning: Our choice of seasonings for this recipe is a real classic. The basic flavor combo is smoked paprika, onion powder, minced garlic, salt, red chili flakes and black pepper. This alone really brings your potato wedges to life, allowing them to burst with crispy, savory flavor. If you’d prefer the wedges not to be spicy, omit red chili flakes.
When it comes time to serve your wedges, we recommend that you sprinkle the cooked wedges with parmesan cheese and serve with creamy burrata cheese. Fresh herbs also add some freshness to this dish’s flavor palate!
How to Make Potato Wedges in Air Fryer
- In a large ziplock bag or bowl combine olive oil, smoked paprika, red chili flakes, onion powder, garlic, salt and black pepper. Add the potatos wedges and toss to coat with the seasoning.
- Arrange the potato wedges in your air fryer basket in a single layer. You might need to cook the potatoes in batches, depending on your air fryer. Air fry for 15 minutes at 400° F| 200°C, shaking the basket every 5 minutes.
- Garnish with fresh herbs.
- We’ve found that the best results for this recipe come when you put your wedges in an air fryer at 400F (200C) for 15 minutes. You’ll want to shake your air fryer every five minutes to ensure that the wedges are getting enough exposure to the hot air.
- If you’re making a larger volume of wedges than will fit in your air fryer, it’s OK to make your wedges in batches. In fact, this can actually be better! It allows you to space out your wedges.
Which Potato is Best for Wedges?
The different types of potato work well for different culinary applications. We’ve found that russet potatoes are the best for wedges. They cook faster and crisp up better than other types. We recommend that you use organic potatoes where you can to avoid some of the nasty pesticides often used in industrial-scale potato production.
We also love using Yellow, Yukon Gold, Red, and White potatoes, but their different textures will affect the end result of the wedges. The interior texture will be waxier, they won’t be quite as crispy, and they’ll take a little longer to cook. They’ll still taste great, but we really do recommend using russet potatoes.
What Goes With Air Fryer Potato Wedges?
Potato wedges make a great snack. They’re an awesome side dish with many classic meals, like Parmesan Crusted Chicken, Air Fryer Fish, or with Chicken Burger .We strongly recommend that you try them with burrata cheese.
More Air Fryer Recipes
If you make this recipe be sure to leave a comment or give this recipe a rating ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐! I will be happy to hear from you!Print
All rights reserved. CHEF JAR. All images and content are copyright protected. PLEASE do not use my images without my permission. If you want to share this recipe, PLEASE provide a link back to this post.