This cheesy Taco Meatloaf is a delicious combination of ground beef, taco seasoning, cheddar cheese, and crushed corn chips. Topped with zesty taco sauce, this delightfully cheesy meatloaf recipe is sure to be a family favorite that everyone will love!
Easy Taco Meatloaf Recipe
Get ready for a zesty and cheesy twist on a classic favorite! Try this easy and delicious taco meatloaf recipe that's packed with Tex-Mex flavor. With crushed tortilla chips, cheddar cheese, Rotel tomatoes, and taco seasoning mix, this meatloaf is a flavor explosion. Top it off with zesty taco sauce for an extra kick. The best part? It's freezer-friendly, so you can enjoy this amazing dinner anytime you want!
❤️ Why You'll Love This Recipe!
- Bold and Zesty Flavors: Taco meatloaf brings the vibrant and exciting flavors of Tex-Mex cuisine to a classic dish. The combination of taco seasoning, crushed tortilla chips, and zesty toppings adds a burst of flavor that will tantalize your taste buds.
- Easy Make: With its simple preparation process, taco meatloaf is a perfect weeknight dinner. Just mix the ingredients, shape the loaf, and pop it in the oven. In no time, you'll have a delicious meal ready to be enjoyed.
- Versatile and Customizable: It allows for endless creativity. You can experiment with different types of cheese, add your favorite veggies or salsa, or even stuff it with extra surprises like jalapeños or black beans. Make it your own and tailor it to your preferences.
- Kid-Friendly: Children often adore the flavors of tacos, and taco meatloaf provides a fun and kid-friendly twist on a classic dish. It's a great way to introduce them to new flavors while keeping mealtime exciting and enjoyable.
- Leftovers and Freezer-Friendly: It is perfect for leftovers and meal prepping. Enjoy it as a tasty lunch the next day or freeze individual portions for quick and convenient meals in the future.
- Ground Beef: Use 80 % lean ground beef for a good balance of flavor and moisture. Leaner options may result in a drier meatloaf.
- Corn Tortilla Chips: Crushed corn tortilla chips add a delicious texture and flavor to the meatloaf. You can use your favorite brand or any variety of corn chips.
- Onion and Green Bell Pepper: They add aromatic flavors and a hint of freshness to the meatloaf. To save you time and effort, pulse them in a food processor a few times until they are finely chopped. Be careful not to over-process, as you want to maintain some texture.
- Corn: You can use fresh corn instead of canned corn. Simply substitute the 4 oz. of canned corn with approximately 1 cup of fresh corn kernels. Frozen corn will work as well, just make sure to thaw it before adding to the meatloaf mixture.
- Eggs: They play a crucial role in binding the ingredients together and providing structure to the meatloaf.
- Rotel Tomatoes: Rotel tomatoes are canned diced tomatoes with green chilies. They add a subtle spicy kick to the meatloaf. If you prefer a milder flavor, you can use regular tomato passata.
- Taco Seasoning: You can use a packet of store-bought taco seasoning or make your own homemade taco seasoning with a blend of spices like chili powder, cumin, paprika, garlic powder, and onion powder.
- Cheese: Grated cheddar or pepper jack cheese adds a creamy and cheesy element to the meatloaf.
- Red Taco Sauce: Red taco sauce is optional but adds an extra layer of flavor and tanginess to the meatloaf. You can use mild or medium spiciness based on your preference.
- Cilantro or Parsley: Fresh cilantro or parsley adds a pop of freshness and color.
How To Make Taco Meatloaf
Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C).
In a large mixing bowl, add the ground beef, crushed corn chips, diced onion, bell pepper, whisked eggs, Rotel tomatoes, drained corn, taco seasoning, and 1 cup of shredded cheese. Gently mix the ingredients together until just combined, being careful not to over-mix the meat mixture.
Transfer the ground beef mixture into a 9x5-inch loaf pan lined with parchment paper and shape it into a loaf shape, ensuring to leave a well around the edges. This well allows the fat to drain off while the meatloaf is cooking.
Bake the meatloaf at 350°F (175°C) for 50 minutes. After that, remove it from the oven and top it with red taco sauce ( optionally) and the remaining cheese. Place it back in the oven and continue baking for an additional 10-15 minutes, making it a total of 60-65 minutes of cooking time. Make sure the meatloaf reaches an internal temperature of 160°F (71°C) before serving.
Remove the meatloaf from the oven and loosely cover it with a sheet of aluminum foil. Allow to rest for 10 minutes before slicing and serving. This resting period is important as it allows the flavors to meld together and the juices to redistribute throughout the meatloaf. The result is a tender and moist meatloaf that is ready to be enjoyed.
- To store, transfer the meatloaf to an airtight container and refrigerate it. It will stay fresh for 3 to 5 days.
- To freeze a whole cooked meatloaf or individual slices, wrap the meatloaf or slices tightly with plastic cling film, then place them in an airtight container or freezer storage bag. When stored properly like this, the meatloaf will remain good for about 3 months in the freezer.
Reheating Taco Meatloaf
- Oven: Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C). Place the meatloaf in a baking dish and add a splash of water or beef broth to help retain moisture. Cover the dish tightly with aluminum foil to prevent drying out. Bake for approximately 20-25 minutes or until the meatloaf is heated through.
- Microwave: Slice it into individual portions and place them on a microwave-safe plate. Cover the plate with a microwave-safe lid or microwave-safe plastic wrap, leaving a small vent. Heat on medium power for 1-2 minutes per slice or until the meatloaf is warmed throughout.
- Stovetop: Cut it into slices or crumble into smaller pieces. Heat a skillet over medium heat and add a small amount of oil or butter. Place the meatloaf in the skillet and cook, stirring occasionally, until heated thoroughly.
Leftover Meatloaf Recipes
- Traditional Tacos: Slice and serve it in warm tortillas along with your favorite taco toppings such as shredded lettuce, diced tomatoes, sliced avocado, and sour cream.
- Tex-Mex Salad: Crumble the taco meatloaf over a bed of fresh mixed greens and vegetables, then drizzle with your favorite dressing for a delicious and hearty salad.
- Loaded Nachos: Turn it into a scrumptious nacho topping! Arrange tortilla chips on a baking sheet, top with shredded cheese, the crumbled meatloaf, and additional toppings like jalapeños, black olives, and diced onions. Bake until the cheese is melted and bubbly, then serve with salsa and sour cream.
- Mexican-style Sandwich: Slice and use it as a flavorful filling for a sandwich. Layer it on a toasted roll or bread, along with lettuce, tomato, and any other desired condiments.
- Taco Stuffed Peppers: Hollow out bell peppers and stuff them with the taco meatloaf mixture. Bake until the peppers are tender. Top with shredded cheese and return to the oven until melted.
- Tasty Meatloaf Sliders: Cut it into smaller portions and serve as sliders on mini burger buns. Add your favorite toppings such as pickles, onions, and condiments for a fun and flavorful bite.
Side Dishes For Taco Meatloaf
- Mexican Rice: Serve with a side of flavorful Mexican rice. The combination of the seasoned meatloaf and the fragrant rice is a perfect match.
- Refried Beans: Enjoy a classic Tex-Mex side dish with your taco meatloaf. Creamy refried beans complement the flavors of the meatloaf and add an extra layer of deliciousness.
- Corn on the Cob: Grill or steam some fresh corn on the cob for a simple and tasty side. The sweetness of the corn pairs well with the savory taco meatloaf.
- Avocado Salad: Prepare a refreshing avocado salad by combining diced avocado, cherry tomatoes, red onion, and cilantro. Drizzle with lime juice and olive oil for a zesty accompaniment.
- Cilantro Lime Slaw: Make a tangy and crisp slaw with shredded cabbage, carrots, and a dressing of lime juice, cilantro, cumin, and a hint of honey. It adds a refreshing contrast to the rich flavors of the meatloaf.
- Roasted Vegetables: Roast a medley of seasonal vegetables such as bell peppers, zucchini, and onions. The roasted veggies bring a delightful burst of flavors and textures to your meal.
- Black Bean Salad: Combine black beans, diced bell peppers, red onions, corn kernels, and a zesty lime dressing to create a flavorful and protein-packed side salad.
While tortilla chips add a delicious taco flavor to the meatloaf, they also make it gluten-free, which is great for those with wheat intolerance. If you prefer, you can use regular bread crumbs as a binding agent instead. However, we highly recommend trying the tortilla chips for a tasty twist on the traditional meatloaf!
Absolutely! While the recipe calls for ground beef, you can experiment with ground turkey, chicken, or even a blend of different meats.
Yes, you can prepare the meatloaf mixture ahead of time and refrigerate it until you're ready to bake. Just make sure to cover it tightly to prevent any drying out.
More Delicious Meatloaf Recipes
From classic to creative, these meatloaf recipes offer a perfect blend of flavors and textures. Elevate your comfort food game with these mouthwatering meatloaf ideas.
Stove Top Stuffing Meatloaf Recipe-Deliciously unique twist on meatloaf using Stove Top stuffing mix. Easy, flavorful, and comforting.
Air Fryer Meatloaf-Juicy and flavorful classic meatloaf made in the air fryer. Quick, easy, and deliciously crispy on the outside.
Lipton Onion Soup Meatloaf-Savory and flavorful meatloaf made with Lipton Onion Soup mix. Easy to prepare and bursting with delicious onion flavor.
Buffalo Chicken Meatloaf-Spicy and zesty twist on traditional meatloaf with a buffalo chicken flavor. Packed with tangy sauce and topped with melted cheese. A crowd-pleasing recipe for buffalo chicken lovers!
Philly Cheesesteak Meatloaf-A mouthwatering fusion of Philly cheesesteak and meatloaf.
Chicken Meatloaf with Bacon-Delicious chicken meatloaf wrapped in crispy bacon strips. Juicy, flavorful, and oh-so-satisfying.
Salisbury Steak Meatloaf-A delectable blend of seasoned ground beef, onions, and mushrooms, topped with a rich gravy.
Italian Meatloaf with Ricotta Cheese-Savory ground beef, herbs, and spices combined with luscious ricotta cheese. A flavorful and satisfying meal for pasta lovers!
Ground Chicken Parmesan Meatloaf-It's a delightful and healthier take on a classic favorite!
Southern Meatloaf Recipe-Packed with flavorful seasonings, onions, and a tangy glaze, it's comfort food at its finest. Serve with mashed potatoes for a hearty and satisfying meal!
Turkey Meatloaf-Try this flavorful and healthy twist on a classic comfort food with our delicious Turkey Meatloaf recipe.
If you make this recipe be sure to leave a comment or give this recipe a rating ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐! I will be happy to hear from you!Print
All rights reserved. CHEF JAR. All images and content are copyright protected. PLEASE do not use my images without my permission. If you want to share this recipe, PLEASE provide a link back to this post.