Jalapeno Popper Stuffed Mushrooms: A mouth-watering mix of spicy jalapenos and luscious cream cheese, nestled in tender mushrooms. Each bite offers a blend of heat, creaminess, and earthy flavors, making them irresistible!
Jalapeno Stuffed Mushrooms Recipe
These jalapeno popper stuffed mushrooms, packed with cheesy, spicy, and creamy goodness, are our favorite choice for a game day appetizer. They're full of incredible flavor!
If you love jalapeno popper flavors, be sure to check out our Jalapeno Popper Wonton Cups, the creamy Jalapeno Popper Cheese Ball, crispy Air Fryer Jalapeno Popper Wontons, the hearty Jalapeno Popper Chicken Casserole, and the quick and easy Air Fryer Jalapeno Poppers.
✅ Ingredients in Jalapeño Popper Stuffed Mushrooms
- Bacon (4 slices): Cook until crispy and then break into small pieces. It gives a nice crunch and smoky taste.
- Room temperature Cream Cheese (8 ounces): Soften it so it's easy to mix. It makes the stuffing creamy and rich.
- Sour Cream (2 tablespoons): Adds a bit of tangy flavor and makes the stuffing smoother.
- Jalapeno Peppers (3 medium): Take out the seeds if you don't want it too spicy, and chop them up. They give the stuffing a spicy kick.
- Cheddar Cheese (1 cup, shredded): Use it in two parts - some for the mix and some for topping. It's sharp and tangy.
- Garlic (4 cloves): Chop it up fine. It adds a strong and tasty flavor.
- Cumin Powder (½ teaspoon): Just a little bit for a warm, earthy taste.
- Baby Bella Mushrooms (1 pound): Clean them and take out the stems. They're big and juicy, great for filling.
- Garnish: Chop up some fresh parsley and slice a jalapeno for the top. The parsley looks nice and fresh, and the extra jalapeno adds more spice if you like.
🔪 How to Make Jalapeno Popper Mushrooms
Preheat your oven to 350°F.
In a medium bowl, combine cream cheese, bacon, sour cream, diced jalapeno peppers, half a cup of shredded cheddar cheese, minced garlic, and cumin powder.
Put about 1 tablespoon of the cream cheese mixture into each mushroom cap. Place the filled mushrooms in a 12-inch cast-iron or oven-proof skillet.
Sprinkle the remaining shredded cheese over the stuffed mushroom caps.
Bake for 20 minutes or until the cheese turns golden brown and melts.
Top with parsley and sliced jalapeno for garnish.
❗Tip: To avoid soggy mushrooms, you can bake them for a few minutes first, then place them on a paper towel to drain. This way, when you bake them with the filling, they'll stay firm.
What Type of Mushrooms are Best for Stuffed Mushrooms?
The most popular choices are baby portobello mushrooms, also known as cremini or button mushrooms. Both have nicely rounded caps that are ideal for stuffing!
How Can You Easily Remove Mushroom Stems For Stuffing?
You don't need any tools – just use your hands! Hold the mushroom cap with your non-dominant hand, then grab the stem with your dominant hand and twist firmly. Usually, the stem pops right out. If there are any leftover pieces, just twist them out too.
How do You Clean Mushrooms?
People disagree on this. Some think washing them makes them soft and chewy because they soak up water. Others say not washing means they're dirty. What we do is simple. If mushrooms have a little dirt, we don't wash them, just wipe them with a damp paper towel. If they're really dirty, then we wash them.
Can I Make Stuffed Mushrooms Without a Skillet?
Even though a cast-iron skillet cooks food evenly, you can definitely use a different pan. A 9x13-inch baking sheet or any size that fits the 14-18 stuffed mushrooms will work well.
Can I Make This Appetizer Ahead of Time?
Yes. You can prepare and stuff the mushrooms a day before you plan to bake them. After stuffing them, but before baking, cover them with plastic wrap and keep them in the refrigerator overnight.
🗄️ How to Store
If you have leftover Jalapeno Stuffed Mushrooms, keep them in the fridge, covered, for 3-4 days. When you want to eat them again, just reheat them in the microwave.
If you make this recipe be sure to leave a comment or give this recipe a rating ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐! I will be happy to hear from you!Print
All rights reserved. CHEF JAR. All images and content are copyright protected. PLEASE do not use my images without my permission. If you want to share this recipe, PLEASE provide a link back to this post.