Baked Shrimp Scampi with bread crumbs is a fancy dish and takes only 12 minutes to prepare. Juicy, tender shrimp coated with crispy, buttery bread crumbs and cooked with plenty of lemon juice, Parmesan cheese and garlic. Crispy baked shrimp scampi is a must-try dish for shrimp lovers!
I recommend to serve this shrimp with steamed broccoli or my favorite Instant pot Jasmine rice.
Serve baked shrimp scampi as meal with pasta, rice, steamed veggies or salad or as an appetizer. It is such an impressive dish to serve to friends or guests. The best part about it is that you can’t go wrong with it. It is super easy to make even for kitchen newbies.
Shrimp Scampi ingredients
- Salted butter
- Panko bread crumbs (Regular bread crumbs can be used too, but you won’t get that perfectly crunchy texture).
- Garlic cloves
- Fresh lemon juice
- Chicken stock
- Grated Parmesan cheese
- Red chili flakes
- Fresh herbs ( cilantro or parsley)
More Shrimp Recipes
Creamy garlic butter Tuscan Shrimp
Cauliflower shrimp fried rice and many other Shrimp recipes.Print
BAKED SHRIMP SCAMPI WITH BREAD CRUMBS
- Total Time: 17 mins
- Yield: 4
Baked Shrimp Scampi with bread crumbs is a fancy dish and takes only 12 minutes to prepare. Juicy, tender shrimp coated with crispy, buttery bread crumbs and cooked with plenty of lemon juice, Parmesan cheese and garlic.
- Shrimp ( peeled & deveined)- 1 kg/ 2 pounds
- Salted butter(melted)-⅓ cup
- Panko bread crumbs-⅓ cup
- Garlic cloves (finely chopped)-5
- Shallot( finely chopped)-1, small
- Fresh lemon juice- 2 tbsp.
- Chicken stock/water- 2 tbsp.
- Grated Parmesan cheese- 2 tbsp.
- Red chili flakes- ½ tsp.
- Fresh parsley/ cilantro- 2-3 tbsp.
- Salt-as needed
- Preheat your oven to 220 C/ 425 F with the rack in the middle position.
- In a medium bowl combine melted butter, bread crumbs, garlic, shallot, red chili flakes, lemon juice, grated Parmesan cheese, chicken stock and parsley.
- Place the shrimp in a large mixing bowl, add the panko mixture and toss gently to coat. Transfer the shrimp with the panko mixture to a baking dish.
- Bake for 11-12 minutes or until just cooked through. To get crispy and browned shrimp, position a rack in the upper third position with settings to broil and bake for another 1-2 min.
- Serve immediately.
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 12 mins
- Category: Shrimp recipes
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: shrimp recipes, shrimp, seafood
All rights reserved. CHEF JAR. All images and content are copyright protected. PLEASE do not use my images without my permission. If you want to share this recipe, PLEASE provide a link back to this post.
If you make this recipe, take a photo of your creation and hashtag it # CHEFJAR on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter!
Tricia Cristobal says
this is to die for! just seeing its pictures and its making my mouth water.
This is so inviting, the colors are just wow. the photos alone will make one crave eagerly for this.
David Mureithi says
It just looks delicious. I would lick my fingers.
Janine Bocateja says
I'm so hungry right now upon seeing the photos. Another awesome recipe from Chef Jar! Thank you for all the delish shares.
I love to eat baked shrimps. This recipe seems interesting to cook. I'll surely try this.
Oyeyipo Oladele says
Yummy yummy yummy. If not for this lock down, I should have ordered for mine as am not a good cook. Thanks for posting this delicacy.
Mark Janeo says
Wow, a very delicious dish. I really want a bite.
I almost stuck my hand through my computer screen it looks so real lol....
Meldred Judith says
This is a must try recipe during lockdowns. This looks really delicious.
Wilson Jake says
Now I think am gonna sue anyone that post delicious dishes online without giving me a taste first. Jokes apart, this recipe is great and the dish looks yummy🥰🥰😋