These air fryer turkey burgers are super juicy and tender, and they're ready in 30 minutes! They're perfect for a quick and healthy weeknight dinner.
Air Fryer Turkey Burgers with Tzatziki Sauce
Our turkey burger recipe is not like the usual meat and cheese burger. It has exciting stuff like fresh parsley, feta cheese, and a tasty homemade tzatziki sauce. You can make it quickly in air fryer, even if you have surprise dinner guests. It's a good choice if you're bored of beef burgers or don't eat them.
😍Why Use an Air Fryer for Turkey Burgers?
It is great because it makes them crispy on the outside without needing a lot of oil, which is healthier. It cooks them fast, so you don't have to wait long for your meal. Plus, it's easy to use – just put the burgers in, and it does the work for you without needing much attention. It's a quick, healthy, and easy way to make tasty turkey burgers!
✅ Juicy Turkey Burger Ingredients
- Ground Turkey: When making turkey burgers, it's essential to choose ground turkey with a good balance of meat and fat. Look for ground turkey labeled "lean" or "93% lean" to ensure your burgers stay moist and flavorful.
- Italian Seasoning: It is a blend of dried herbs like basil, oregano, rosemary, thyme, and garlic. It adds a savory, herbaceous flavor. You can adjust the quantity to suit your taste.
- Garlic: Minced garlic adds a wonderful depth of flavor to the patties. Freshly minced garlic is recommended for the best taste, but you can also use pre-minced garlic if you're short on time.
- Onion: Grating a small onion into the turkey mixture not only imparts a sweet and savory flavor but also helps keep the burgers moist. Use a fine grater to prevent large onion pieces in your burgers.
- Flat Leaf Parsley: It contributes a fresh, herby note to the turkey burgers. It complements the other seasonings and adds a nice touch of green.
- Smoked Paprika: It adds a smoky, slightly spicy flavor. It's a key ingredient for giving your turkey burgers that irresistible smoky taste.
- Ground Black Pepper: It adds a subtle kick and enhances the overall flavor of the burgers.
- Salt: It is essential for seasoning the burgers. It not only enhances the flavors but also helps to retain moisture in the meat.
- Cooking Oil Spray: Using cooking oil spray in the air fryer helps prevent the turkey patties from sticking to the basket and ensures they get a nice crispy exterior.
How To Make Air Turkey Burgers
Our simple turkey burger recipe is quick to make, and even kids can join in, especially when it comes to making the creamy tzatziki sauce. Here's how easy it is, just follow these three steps:
Make the tzatziki sauce, and you can even let the kids help with that while you handle the meat.
Combine ground turkey with seasonings.
Shape the turkey patties.
Cook the turkey patties, assemble burgers, and enjoy!
The result? The best turkey burger recipe you've ever tasted, and it's as simple as 1, 2, 3!
🔪 How To Cook Turkey Burgers
No grill? No worries. You can cook them easily in your air fryer. But feel free to cook them on the barbecue or a George Foreman grill if that's your preference. If you prefer baking, simply place them on a rimmed baking sheet at 425°F for about 15 minutes. Regardless of your cooking method – be it air fryer, gas, campfire, oven, or stovetop – make sure the internal temperature hits 165°F for safe eating. To check doneness, insert a cooking or meat thermometer into the thickest part of the patty and only take them off the heat when they reach that 165°F internal temperature.
Buns or Bread: Serve them in soft burger buns, whole-grain rolls, or pita bread for a classic burger experience.
Tzatziki Sauce: Drizzle or spread plenty of homemade tzatziki sauce on your burger for a creamy and tangy kick.
Greek-Inspired Sides: Complement the flavors with traditional Greek sides like Greek salad, roasted vegetables, or even some olives and feta cheese.
Toppings: Add a variety of toppings like sliced tomatoes, red onions, cucumber slices, and crispy lettuce for freshness and crunch.
🗄️ Storage & Reheating
- For storage, keep any leftover turkey burgers covered in the refrigerator, and they'll stay good for up to 5 days.
- If you want to freeze them, simply place the cooked and cooled burgers in a shallow container, then store them in the freezer. They'll stay tasty for up to 6 months.
- To reheat, pop them in the air fryer for 4 to 5 minutes, and they'll be ready to enjoy again!
❓ Recipe FAQs
Turkey burgers are often a healthier choice compared to beef burgers, but it depends on the kind of ground turkey you go for. We prefer 93% lean turkey, as it's not too dry while still being a lean option.
It's important to note that very lean ground turkey can be quite dry, so you may want to add some moisture to the mixture, such as a little olive oil or a moist ingredient like grated onion, to keep the burgers from becoming too dry and crumbly. This will help ensure your turkey burgers are both lean and still have a good texture and flavor.
Yes, you can make these patties in advance and freeze them. Wrap them individually in plastic wrap or parchment paper, then store in an airtight container or freezer bag for up to three months.
More Air Fryer Recipes To Try
Other Ground Turkey Recipes We Love
Bought a tad too much turkey on your last freezer run? No worries, it's time to thaw some out and dive into these three fantastic turkey recipes we love:
- Skip the turkey bacon and make space on your morning plate for our Turkey Breakfast Patties.
- "Ma! The MEATLOAF!" (Yes, the Turkey-Quinoa version that Will Ferrell was talking about, for sure.)
- Bored of ordinary Egg Roll in a Bowl? You clearly haven't experienced our Ground Turkey Egg Roll in A Bowl.
If you make this recipe be sure to leave a comment or give this recipe a rating ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐! I will be happy to hear from you!Print
All rights reserved. CHEF JAR. All images and content are copyright protected. PLEASE do not use my images without my permission. If you want to share this recipe, PLEASE provide a link back to this post.