Air Fryer Turkey Burgers are crispy, juicy, and healthier! Try these easy-to-make burgers for a guilt-free meal.
- 2 pounds ground turkey
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 small onion, grated
- ¼ cup flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons salt
- Cooking oil spray
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
- ½ English cucumber, grated
- 1 tablespoon dried dill
- 2 teaspoons za’atar seasoning, optional
- 1-2 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Mixed lettuce salad leaves
- 2 tomatoes, sliced
- 4 oz. feta, crumbled
- 6 hamburger buns, toasted
- Tzatziki sauce
- In a medium bowl, mix the tzatziki sauce ingredients. Cover and refrigerate for an hour to let the flavors blend.
- For the burger patties, combine ground turkey, Italian seasoning, garlic, onion, parsley, smoked paprika, pepper, and salt in a large bowl bowl. Use your hands to thoroughly blend. Shape the mixture into 6 burger patties, slightly larger than the hamburger buns.
- Place the patties in the air fryer basket, spray with cooking oil spray, and cook at 360 degrees for 7 minutes. Flip the patties and cook for an additional 5 minutes or until they are fully cooked.
- To assemble the burgers, start with a layer of tzatziki sauce, followed by the patty, tomato, lettuce, more tzatziki sauce, and crumbled feta. Enjoy! These turkey burgers can be cooked on the stovetop in a cast iron skillet or grilled on a barbecue, or even using a George Foreman grill . You can also bake them in the oven by placing them on a rimmed baking sheet at 425°F for 15 minutes. Regardless of your cooking method – gas, campfire coals, oven, or stovetop – ensure that the turkey burgers reach an internal temperature of 165°F for safe consumption. The easiest way to check doneness is to use a cooking or meat thermometer, inserting it into the thickest part of the patty, and only remove the turkey burgers from heat when they reach that internal temperature of 165°F.
For storage, keep any leftover turkey burgers covered in the refrigerator, and they'll stay good for up to 5 days.
If you want to freeze them, simply place the cooked and cooled burgers in a shallow container, then store them in the freezer. They'll stay tasty for up to 6 months.
To reheat, pop your turkey burgers in the air fryer for 4 to 5 minutes, and they'll be ready to enjoy again!
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cook Time: 15 min
- Category: Turkey Recipes
- Calories: 415 kcal
- Sugar: 5 g
- Sodium: 831 mg
- Fat: 13 g
- Carbohydrates: 22 g
- Fiber: 3 g
- Protein: 38 g
- Cholesterol: 109 mg
Keywords: air fryer turkey burgers, how to make turkey burgers, ground turkey recipes,