These ground turkey patties are packed with bold flavors and make a perfect protein-packed option for any time of the day. Enjoy them as a grab-and-go meal!
Turkey Breakfast Patties
We've tried various healthy eating plans, and we've found that having roasted veggies and flavorful condiments is important. But the real secret to success is having convenient and lean protein options ready-to-go. These turkey patties are our favorite choice for adding delicious flavor and nutrition to our meals, making our life much easier!
What Goes Into the Juicy Turkey Burgers ( Patties)?
- Ground Turkey Meat: We use ground turkey, which is as common as ground beef and easy to find. Go for ground turkey labeled 93/7, which means that it's lean with just 7 percent fat. If you don't like turkey, you can try using ground chicken (preferably dark meat for better flavor).
- The Herbs: Fresh parsley and green onions add bold flavors, and when combined with freshly grated ginger and garlic, they give these patties an Asian flair.
- Red Bell Pepper: Finely diced red bell pepper adds a colorful and flavorful touch.
- Sauce: Worcestershire sauce adds a savory umami flavor to enhance the taste of the patties. You can use soy sauce instead if desired.
- Red Pepper Flakes: For a bit of heat and spiciness, add red chili flakes.
- Salt: Essential for seasoning and enhancing the overall taste.
- Olive oil: Opt for extra-virgin olive oil for the best flavor and health benefits. Its rich taste complements the patties well.
How to Make Turkey Patties
Combine all the ingredients in a medium bowl.
Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
Take a cookie scoop or spoon to divide the meat mixture into patties, then flatten them with your hands. Place the turkey patties in the preheated skillet in small batches, ensuring not to overcrowd the pan. Cook for 3-4 minutes until they turn brown before flipping. Continue cooking until the internal temperature reaches 170°F. Repeat with the rest of the meat mixture.
How Do You Keep Turkey Patties From Falling Apart?
If you were grilling these breakfast turkey sausage patties like burgers, we'd recommend adding an egg and ¾ cup of breadcrumbs to prevent them from falling apart. But since they're cooked in a non-stick skillet, no extra ingredients are needed. Just shape the patties in your hand, gently flatten them, and start frying!
Are Turkey Patties Healthier Than Hamburger?
Turkey patties are generally considered healthier than hamburger patties. Turkey is a leaner meat compared to beef, which means it typically has lower fat content and fewer calories. It is also a good source of protein and contains essential nutrients.
What To Serve With These Turkey Sausage Patties?
You can enjoy them in various ways:
- With fried eggs and avocado
- On a bed of mixed greens
- With Scrambled Eggs
- With hamburger buns
- In zoodles with fresh veggies
- Choose the Right Ground Turkey: Opt for lean ground turkey with a 93/7 label (7% fat) for a healthier option.
- Add Moisture: Ground turkey can be dry, so include bell peppers to keep the patties moist.
- Flavor Boosters: Use fresh herbs, garlic, ginger, or chili flakes to enhance the flavor.
- Handle Gently: When forming the patties, avoid overworking the meat to prevent tough texture.
- Preheat Skillet: Make sure the skillet is preheated over medium high heat before adding the patties to ensure even cooking.
- Cooking Time: Cook the patties for about 3-4 minutes per side until they are nicely browned and reach an internal temperature of 170°F.
- Double the Recipe: Increase the ingredients to make larger patties for a scrumptious turkey burger experience.
- Get Creative: Experiment with different flavor combinations and serve the patties in a variety of ways to suit your preferences.
Turkey Patty Recipe Variations
BBQ Turkey Patties: Add BBQ sauce and minced onions to the ground turkey for a smoky and tangy flavor.
Italian Turkey Patties: Mix in Italian seasoning, grated Parmesan cheese, and chopped sun-dried tomatoes for an Italian twist.
Mexican Turkey Patties: Spice it up with cumin, chili powder, and diced jalapenos for a zesty Mexican flair.
Greek Turkey Patties: Combine oregano, garlic, and crumbled feta cheese.
Buffalo Turkey Patties: Toss the patties in buffalo sauce after cooking and serve with blue cheese dressing for a spicy kick.
Spinach and Feta Turkey Patties: Mix in chopped spinach and crumbled feta cheese for a flavorful and nutritious option.
Pesto Turkey Patties: Blend in pesto sauce and diced sun-dried tomatoes for a burst of herbaceous goodness.
Bacon and Cheddar Turkey Patties: Incorporate cooked bacon bits and shredded cheddar cheese for a savory delight.
Prepare the Patties: Mix all the ingredients in a bowl, including ground turkey, diced red bell pepper, Worcestershire sauce, fresh grated ginger (optional), minced green onions, minced garlic (or garlic powder), chopped parsley, red pepper flakes, and salt.
Form the Patties: Use a cookie scoop or spoon to portion out the patties, then flatten them between your hands. Make sure they are evenly shaped and sized.
Store in the Refrigerator: Place the formed patties on a plate or tray lined with parchment paper. Cover them with plastic wrap or place another parchment paper layer on top. Store them in the refrigerator for up to 24 hours before cooking.
To store, place them in an airtight container or wrap in plastic wrap. Keep them in the refrigerator for up to 3-4 days. If you want to store them for longer, freeze the patties in a freezer-safe container for up to 3 months.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, ground chicken is a great substitute for ground turkey in this recipe.
Yes, you can bake them in the oven at 400°F for about 15-20 minutes or until they reach an internal temperature of 165°F or higher.
Yes, these turkey sausage patties are a good option for a Keto diet as they are low in carbohydrates and high in protein.
More Ground Turkey Recipes
Best Turkey Meatloaf-It's a healthier twist on the classic! Moist and flavorful, this easy dish is perfect for a family dinner.
More Delicious Burger Recipe
If you make this recipe be sure to leave a comment or give this recipe a rating ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐! I will be happy to hear from you!Print
All rights reserved. CHEF JAR. All images and content are copyright protected. PLEASE do not use my images without my permission. If you want to share this recipe, PLEASE provide a link back to this post.