This Spinach Stuffed Salmon is the BEST! Succulent, baked stuffed salmon filled with a spinach-cream cheese filling in a delicious, lemon garlic butter will impress your family and friends. Takes only 15-20 minutes to make! Perfect for lunch or dinner. Serve it with Steamed Broccoli, Jasmine Rice or Mashed Potatoes.
Each salmon fillet is packed with an incredible spinach-cream cheese dip. I guarantee this salmon recipe will become your absolute favorite one! It looks very impressive, tastes better than any salmon restaurant dish and couldn’t be easier to make! How does it sound? So let's cook it the way that even salmon haters will love it!
Salmon dishes are always on my weekly menu. I can eat it in the morning, afternoon and have it for dinner. Hey, I am not exaggerating! My whole family loves it.
Reasons to Love Salmon
- Easy to Make.
- Packed with omega-3s.
- Healthy meal in 15 minutes.
- Salmon dishes look impressive.
- Salmon is very fatty and dense, very similar to chicken.
How to Make Stuffed Salmon
I hate when my salmon gets mushy and fall apart. That’s why I prefer baking method over stove top frying. But if you are comfortable with pan frying, go ahead! Just make sure you use fresh salmon, not frozen one. You will find both methods for cooking salmon in the recipe below.
Method at glance.
- Season salmon with salt and pepper & pour lemon juice over each fillet.
- Make a slice/slit into each fillet, using a sharp knife. Be sure to cut only ¾ of the way through, otherwise the filling will come out.
- Fill each pocket with spinach-cream cheese dip.
- Bake for 15 minutes in a garlic butter sauce.
If some spinach-cream cheese dip left, transfer it to a zip log bag and freeze up for 4-5 months. You can use it for stuffing chicken fillets later.
Low Carb /Keto Stuffed Salmon
If you are on a strict keto diet , this recipe is for YOU! Salmon & trout are very keto-friendly foods. They are loaded with healthy fats and butter makes this recipe even more Keto.
Try other Salmon recipes.
- Pan Fried Salmon
- Salmon Piccata
- Parmesan Crusted Salmon
- Baked Salmon in Mustard Sauce
- Pesto Baked Salmon
- Salmon Risotto
If you like this Spinach Stuffed Salmon be sure to leave a comment or give this recipe a rating!
CREAMY SPINACH STUFFED SALMON
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
This Spinach Stuffed Salmon is the BEST! Succulent, tender, baked stuffed salmon filled with a spinach-cream cheese filling in a delicious, lemon garlic butter will impress your family and friends. Takes only 20 minutes to make! Perfect for lunch or dinner.
FOR THE SALMON
- Salmon fillets- 1 kg/ 2.2 lbs , about 3-4 fillets
- Salt- to taste
- Ground black pepper-as needed
- Juice of 1 lemon
FOR THE FILLING
- Cooked spinach-1 cup
- Garlic cloves ( minced)-1
- Cream cheese-120 gm/ 4 oz
- Salt & pepper -as needed
- Unsalted butter- 1 tbsp.
- Lemon juice- 2 tbsp.
- Minced garlic cloves-3-4
- Squeeze spinach to remove excess liquid, then in a medium bowl combine all the ingredients for the filling & keep aside.
- Place each salmon fillet onto a cutting board/ plate, then generously season with salt and pepper, drizzle with lemon juice.
- Using a sharp knife, cut a pocket ( about ¾ ). Try not to cut all the way through.
- Fill each salmon pocket with 3 tbsp. of spinach-cream cheese mixture.
OVEN BAKED SALMON
- Preheat your oven to 175 C/350 F.
- In a small bowl mix together the minced garlic, lemon juice and melted butter. Pour it into the skillet. Transfer salmon fillets to the skillet. Bake 10-15 minutes or until no opaque & cooked through.
STOVE TOP SALMON
- Melt butter in a skillet, add the the minced garlic and cook until fragrant.
- Add the salmon fillets, cover the skillet with the lid and cook about 15 minutes ( 7-8 minutes per side). Once one side became golden, flip the fillets carefully and cook another 7-8 minutes. Time will depend on the size of the fillet.
- Transfer to a large serving plate and serve with pan juices.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 10
- Category: Salmon recipes
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
- Calories: 390 kcal
- Sodium: 107 mg
- Fat: 24 g
- Saturated Fat: 6 g
- Carbohydrates: 9g
- Protein: 41 g
- Cholesterol: 111 mg
Keywords: salmon recipes, baked salmon, creamy salmon
All rights reserved. CHEF JAR. All images and content are copyright protected. PLEASE do not use my images without my permission. If you want to share this recipe, PLEASE provide a link back to this post.
If you make this recipe, take a photo of your creation and hashtag it # CHEFJAR on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter!
OTHER SEAFOOD RECIPES
Leave a Reply