This deliciously creamy Salmon risotto is a warm and cozy dinner, especially during winter! It’s easy to make , tasty and gluten-free. Every bite is so rich and creamy, it will leave you wanting more! With a few ingredients you get a restaurant worthy meal in no time!
- FOR SALMON
- Salmon fillet- 600 gm / 1 lb
- Ground allspice mix- ¼ tbsp.
- Bay leaf- 2
- Cloves- 3
- Ground ginger- ½ tsp.
- Cinnamon stick- ½
- Grated nutmeg- ¼ tsp.
- Salt- to taste
- Risotto rice - 350 gm / 12 oz
- Unsalted butter-6 tbsp.
- Olive oil- 2 tbsp.
- Garlic cloves ( minced)- 2
- Water- 5 cups
- Salt- to taste
- In a large shallow casserole put the bay leaves, all spices mix, cloves, ground ginger, cinnamon stick, grated nutmeg and salt, then cover with water and simmer for 10 minutes. Add the salmon and poach for 5-7 minutes or until cooked through.
- Remove the salmon from the heat and allow to cool. Reserve the stock.
- In a 25 cm casserole heat 3 tbsp. of butter and 2 tbsp of olive oil, add the minced garlic and cook just until softened. Add the risotto rice and toast well.
- Add a ladleful of the reserved fish stock and cook, stirring until the liquid is absorbed. Continue in this way , adding a ladleful of water at a time. Before adding more water, allow the liquid to be absorbed.
- Cook for about 20 minutes, the stir in the cooked salmon fillets, breaking them while stirring.
- When the rice is cooked, remove from the heat and add in the remaining butter ( 3 tbsp.)
- Cover and allow to rest for 2-3 minutes, then sprinkle with the chopped parsley and serve immediately.
A 25 shallow casserole, a 25 cm round casserole
SALMON RISOTTO RECIPE
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE