Experience the ultimate one pot meal with this Sheet Pan Miso Honey Chicken and Asparagus. Ideal for meal prep, lunch, and dinner! Effortless preparation – just arrange everything on a baking sheet and let the oven work its magic!
Sheet Pan Miso Honey Chicken and Asparagus
Easy Sheet Pan Chicken for the win! Less cleanup, more convenience. Our Miso Honey Chicken is a family favorite, just like our Miso Glazed Salmon. It is perfect for meal preps and staying on track with New Year's resolutions. A delicious combo of Honey, Miso, Lime, Garlic, and Soy flavors.
😍 Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- Easy Prep: Just one pan for a complete meal – less fuss, more flavor.
- Irresistible Taste: Savory miso and sweet honey coat tender chicken and vibrant asparagus.
- Healthy Choice: A balanced option with lean protein and nutritious asparagus.
- Meal Prep Hero: Perfect for planning ahead and sticking to your goals.
- Minimal Cleanup: Say goodbye to piles of dishes.
✅ You'll Need
- Chicken Breasts: Opt for boneless and skinless chicken breasts for quicker cooking and easier preparation. You can also use chicken thighs if preferred, adjusting the cooking time accordingly.
- Lime Juice: Use freshly squeezed lime juice for the best flavor. Bottled lime juice may lack the vibrant taste of fresh citrus.
- White Miso: White miso is milder and sweeter than other types of miso. It's a key ingredient for the savory depth in the sauce.
- Honey: Choose high-quality honey for optimal sweetness and flavor. Local or raw honey can add unique regional notes.
- Low Sodium Soy Sauce or Tamari: Opt for low sodium soy sauce or tamari to control the saltiness of the dish. Regular soy sauce can be used, but adjust the quantity accordingly.
- Garlic and Ginger: Using freshly chopped garlic and grated ginger provides the best aroma and taste. Pre-minced garlic and ginger can be convenient alternatives.
- Asian Chili Garlic Sauce or Hot Sauce: Adjust the amount of chili garlic sauce or hot sauce to your taste.
- Parsley or Cilantro: Choose either parsley or cilantro based on your preference. These herbs add freshness and color to the dish.
- Cracked Black Pepper: Use freshly cracked black pepper for maximum flavor.
- Asparagus: Trim the woody ends of the asparagus before cooking. Choose fresh asparagus spears with vibrant green color.
- Salt ( Optional): Season the dish with salt if only needed.
- Lime Slices: Sliced lime serves as a garnish and adds a tangy element to the presentation.
🔪 How to Make Sheet Pan Miso Honey Chicken and Asparagus
Preheat the oven to 200°C (400°F). Line a baking sheet with non-stick foil or parchment paper. Arrange the chicken on the sheet and leave it aside.
Combine the lime juice, white miso, honey, low sodium soy sauce, chopped garlic, grated ginger, Asian chili garlic sauce, and half of the parsley (or cilantro). Pour three-quarters of the miso honey mixture over the chicken.
Cover with foil and bake for approximately 20 minutes, or until the chicken is thoroughly cooked. Remove the foil, arrange the asparagus around the chicken, then drizzle the remaining miso honey mixture over the asparagus. Season with salt and pepper if desired.
Return it to the oven and broil or grill until the chicken turns golden and the asparagus spears become tender, easily pierced by a fork at the thickest point, about 2-3 minutes.
Garnish with lime slices and sprinkle the remaining parsley (or cilantro) on top.
👨🍳 Pro Tips
- Use chicken that's not too cold. Room temperature chicken cooks more evenly than really cold chicken from the fridge.
- If you're not a fan of chicken breasts, you can switch to chicken thighs.
- Not into asparagus? You can try using green beans, broccoli, zucchini, or cauliflower instead!
- Enjoy it with potatoes or rice. And don't forget to use the sauce from the pan to pour over your chosen side dish.
Allow it to cool to room temperature. Then, place any leftover portions in an airtight container and refrigerate for up to 3-4 days. For longer storage, you can also freeze the dish by placing it in a freezer-safe container. Just keep in mind that the texture of the asparagus may change slightly after freezing and reheating.
Warm it in the microwave or oven until heated through.
- Prepping in Advance: Make the sauce a day ahead. Keep it covered in the refrigerator.
- Trimming Asparagus: Trim the woody ends of the asparagus and store them in the fridge in a sealed container or a plastic bag.
- Assembling on Cooking Day: On the day of cooking, preheat the oven and line your baking sheet with non-stick foil or parchment paper. Arrange the marinated chicken on the sheet.
- Cooking Instructions: Follow the instructions for baking the chicken and asparagus.
By prepping the marinade and trimming the asparagus in advance, you can streamline the cooking process on the day you plan to enjoy your Sheet Pan Miso Honey Chicken and Asparagus. It's an easy way to have a delicious meal ready with less effort!
Citrus Twist: Experiment with different citrus juices like orange or grapefruit instead of lime for a unique flavor twist.
Protein Swap: Try this recipe with boneless salmon fillets or firm tofu for a seafood or vegetarian option.
Nutty Crunch: Sprinkle chopped nuts like almonds or cashews over the dish after baking.
Maple Miso: Swap honey with maple syrup for a slightly different sweetness profile.
Veggie Medley: Add a medley of other colorful veggies like bell peppers, cherry tomatoes, or snap peas alongside asparagus.
Whole Grain Boost: Serve the dish over cooked quinoa, brown rice, or couscous for a wholesome meal.
White miso is a type of Japanese seasoning made from fermented soybeans. It has a mild and slightly sweet flavor compared to other types of miso.
Store miso paste in a well-sealed container in the fridge. Lighter types stay good for around 9 months, while darker varieties last up to a year.
Yes, you can definitely use chicken thighs for this recipe. Adjust the cooking time accordingly as thighs might require a bit longer to cook through.
While fresh lime juice is recommended for the best flavor, you can use bottled lime juice as a substitute if needed.
More Delicious Sheet Pan Meals
Sheet Pan Philly Cheesesteak-Juicy steak, sautéed peppers, and melted cheese, all on one pan. Easy, delicious, and oh-so-satisfying!
Za'atar Chicken Sheet Pan Dinner-Juicy chicken, colorful veggies, and aromatic za'atar spices on one pan. Quick, easy, and bursting with Middle Eastern flair.
Sheet Pan Salmon and Broccoli-A match made in flavor heaven! Succulent salmon, vibrant broccoli, all roasted on a single pan.
Sheet Pan Hummus Crusted Chicken Breast-Creamy hummus coating, juicy chicken, all on one pan. A quick, flavorful, and satisfying dinner.
One Pan Roasted Fish With Cherry Tomatoes-Tender fish, burst of tomatoes, and fresh herbs come together in a single pan. Effortless, flavorful, and ready to impress.
Sheet Pan Garlic Herb Butter Chicken-Juicy, flavorful chicken roasted with aromatic herbs and creamy butter. A one-pan delight that's easy and irresistibly delicious.
Crispy Parmesan Baked Chicken Milanese & Veggies-A flavorful, elegant, and easy dinner.
If you make this recipe be sure to leave a comment or give this recipe a rating ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐! I will be happy to hear from you!Print
All rights reserved. CHEF JAR. All images and content are copyright protected. PLEASE do not use my images without my permission. If you want to share this recipe, PLEASE provide a link back to this post.