This Homemade Taco seasoning loaded with the perfect amount of spices such as cumin, paprika, garlic powder, oregano, red chili, celery seeds, onion powder, black pepper and corn starch.
Takes not more than 5 minutes to make. It is the Best Taco seasoning for burritos, tacos, beef, chicken and other Mexican dishes. You will never use the store bought Taco seasoning again!
I always perused taco seasoning packets in stores to make sure there was no MSG and other additives. A few days ago I decided to make it, because it is so super easy, I can save my money, avoid harmful additives and I can adjust the seasoning to my taste or my family’s liking.
Spicy food lovers can add more red chili powder, or if you are suffering from a heart disease, simply remove the salt from the ingredient list. This taco seasoning is easily customizable.
What goes in Taco Seasoning?
The good news is that you are bound to have most of the ingredients for this seasoning on hand!
- Cumin powder is a staple spice in Mexican cuisine. It will add a strong, earthy and slightly nutty flavor.
- Red chili powder will give pungency to the mix.
- Onion Powder
- Garlic powder
- Oregano has a strong aroma with hay and minty notes.
- Celery seeds have the intense celery and earthy flavor and will make this seasoning so much better.
- Corn starch will help to thicken this Homemade Taco seasoning.
- Black pepper
HOMEMADE TACO SEASONINGPrint
All rights reserved. CHEF JAR. All images and content are copyright protected. PLEASE do not use my images without my permission. If you want to share this recipe, PLEASE provide a link back to this post.
If you make this recipe, take a photo of your creation and hashtag it # CHEFJAR on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter!