Naturally vegan and gluten free Mexican salsa Guacamole is so easy to make. It’s creamy, delicious and loaded with mashed avocados, cilantro, lime juice, Serrano pepper, tomato, onion, cumin and salt. Takes not more than 10 minutes to make it. Perfect for tacos, burritos, boiled eggs, fajitas, potatoes and vegetable patties!
SIMPLE GUACAMOLE RECIPE
I know this guacamole recipe is BEST! All ingredients are perfectly balanced and flavors are combined together beautifully. I do it every week and still my family and friends crave it, asking to make it again. You won’t find mayonnaise, yogurt or cream in this recipe. Only fresh and healthy ingredients. No preservatives. This guac is a real deal!
How to make guacamole (receta de guacamole)
I prefer creamy guac to a chunky one. I mash avocados till I get paste. And I mix all the ingredients.
Step 1: Mash
Step 2: Mix
I always use only fresh ingredients to avoid preservatives. Avocados are the stars of the show, look for ripe, but firm ones.
HOW TO STORE GUACAMOLE AND KEEP IT FROM TURNING BROWN
I hate brown and mushy guac ! That’s why I tested all known popular tricks for storing it. And finally I found the trick that works for me.
Air (oxygen) is the main enemy for guac. To keep guacamole green, we need to reduce air’s access to it. The best way to do it is to cover the guacamole with a thin layer of water (½ inch or 1 cm).
It won’t change or impact the flavor of the guac at all and you can refrigerate it 2-3 days.
Can you freeze guacamole?
I don’t recommend to freeze guacamole as it will lose its texture and flavor like many other veggies. And, frankly speaking, it doesn’t make sense to freeze something you can prepare in 10 minutes.
WHAT TO SERVE WITH GUAC?
- Chicken Fajitas
- Lemon Garlic Roast Chicken
- Garlic Herb Butter Roasted Chicken
- Smoky Cilantro Lime Chicken
If you make authentic guac recipe be sure to leave a comment or give this recipe a rating! I will be happy to hear from you!
AUTHENTIC GUACAMOLE RECIPEPrint
AUTHENTIC GUACAMOLE RECIPE
- Total Time: 14 minutes
- Yield: 4
Naturally vegan and gluten free Mexican salsa Guacamole is so easy to make. It’s creamy, delicious and loaded with mashed avocados, cilantro, lime juice, Serrano pepper, tomato, onion, cumin and salt. Takes not more than 10 minutes to make it.
- Ripe avocados (peeled, seed removed)- 3 large or 4 small
- Red onion ( finely chopped)- 1 or ¼ cup
- Serrano chili ( seeds removed and finely chopped)- 1
- Tomato (seeded and diced)-1
- Fresh lime juice- 2 tbsp. or as needed
- Fresh cilantro (finely chopped)- 2 tbsp.
- Cumin powder-⅓ tsp.
- Salt- ½ tsp. or to taste.
- Black pepper- ¼ tsp.
- Avocado oil - 2 tbsp for drizzling , optional
- Cut the avocados in half and remove the pit.Using a mortar and pestle or a fork, mash avocados until you get paste.
- Add the remaining ingredients and mix well to combine. Season with salt, cumin and black pepper and drizzle with avocado oil.
- Serve immediately with tortilla chips, fried fish, potatoes, vegetable patties or boiled eggs or cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate.
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cook Time: 4 min
- Category: Dips
- Cuisine: Mexican
- Serving Size: 100 g
- Calories: 89 kcal
- Sugar: 3.57 g
- Fat: 7.14 g
- Carbohydrates: 10.71 g
- Fiber: 3.6 g
- Protein: 3.57 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: guacamole, homemade guacamole, how to make guacamole, salsa guacamole, vegan
All rights reserved. CHEF JAR. All images and content are copyright protected. PLEASE do not use my images without my permission. If you want to share this recipe, PLEASE provide a link back to this post.
If you make this recipe, take a photo of your creation and hashtag it # CHEFJAR on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter!
OTHER DIPS RECIPES
Leave a Reply