This celery soup is an amazing combination of flavors! I love it and can eat it every day. It is diet-friendly, healthy & comforting. The whole family will love. Takes less than 35 minutes to make.
Celery Soup Benefits
One truly remarkable vegetable to use for a soup is celery. It is well known for its detox properties in the body, it is great for digestion and it’s high in fibre. It might be a simple recipe, but it’s packed with healthful properties, packing in only six calories from each stalk!
HOW TO MAKE CELERY SOUP?
- Prepare celery soup by separating the stick of celery from the leaves. Keep only the sticks, removing any stringy parts.
- Wash the sticks, chopping up into small pieces.
- Next, peel potatoes and onion and dice up. Once you have all your ingredients prepared, add a good dollop of olive oil into a pan to heat, adding the onion and celery to cook a few minutes. The onion should look transparent when ready.
- Then add in potatoes and stir everything for about 5-10 minutes with a wooden spoon. Next, add enough vegetable stock to cover your celery soup ingredients completely. Season with your salt and pepper. Boil for about 10-15 minutes or until the potatoes are done. When everything is soft and thoroughly cooked, take off heat & puree everything in blender until smooth with no lumps. So easy!
GARNISHING HEALTHY CELERY SOUP
To garnish the celery soup, add some chopped spring onion over and maybe even some croutons for a delicious and flavorsome meal. If you feel like something a little more dramatic to try, fry up around 150 gm. of sliced mushrooms. When serving, place mushrooms topped on soup with some spring onions over.
Finally, all you need to go with this wholesome meal is some delicious crusty bread, because this soup makes a warm, cozy and very healthy lunch, supper, or snack – anytime.
More Vegan Recipes:
- Vegan Kung Pao Cauliflower
- Red Pepper Hummus
- Baked Falafel
- Vegan Black Bean Brownies
- Roasted Garlic Hummus
- Vegan Potato Leek Soup
THE BEST VEGAN CELERY SOUPPrint
All rights reserved. CHEF JAR. All images & content are copyright protected. PLEASE do not use my images without my permission. If you wanna to share this recipe, PLEASE provide a link back to this post.
If you make this recipe, take a photo of your creation & hashtag it # CHEFJAR on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter!
HEALTHY CELERY SOUP
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE