These air fryer frozen hash browns are awesomely crispy and crunchy. It’s really easy to make frozen hash browns in an air fryer, and because we’re not using oil, it’s a healthier alternative. Curious? Read on!
Tips For Cooking The Best Frozen Hash Browns
- It’s actually easier to make these in an air fryer than in an oven or a deep fryer. You can use different sizes of frozen hash brown patties, and obviously every air fryer is built differently, but all you really need to do is make sure you adjust your cooking time and temperature if need be.
- Once you’ve cooked up your first batch, you can tweak the recipe, but only experience will tell you what’s best for your air fryer.
- You don’t need any oil spray for this recipe! The hash browns will become crispy and delicious without any extra help from the spray.
- You don’t need to thaw them first! Thawing the frozen hash browns can make them mushy. You just need to stick them straight in the air fryer while the hash brown patties are still frozen.
- Cook your hash browns in a single, even layer. Don’t allow them to overlap in the fryer basket or become crowded, as this will result in uneven cooking results.
- Hash browns
How To Cook Frozen Hash Browns in Air Fryer
We really love these crispy, golden hash browns. The frozen patties already have some oil in them, so they don’t need to be sprayed or coated in oil before cooking. You can, of course, choose to spray them with oil just to get that classic deep-fried texture, but it’s not absolutely necessary.
These are absolutely perfect for a quick, easy, no fuss breakfast that everybody will love.
What About Air Fryer Shredded Hash Browns?
You can use shredded hash browns, but it will require a few extra steps.
- Most importantly, with the shredded hash brown, you’ll want to allow them to thaw, removing excess moisture from the hash brown. You don’t want excess moisture turning into steam in the air fryer and accidentally poaching, rather than frying, your hash browns.
- You’ll want to create small, flat patties. Smaller and flatter patties cook faster and get crispier.
- You may need to cook the shredded hash browns for a little longer than the box suggests, but start with the box recommendations. You can always cook something more, but you can’t un-cook something that’s overdone.
More Air Fryer Recipes to Try
If you make this recipe be sure to leave a comment or give this recipe a rating ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐! I will be happy to hear from you!Print
All rights reserved. CHEF JAR. All images and content are copyright protected. PLEASE do not use my images without my permission. If you want to share this recipe, PLEASE provide a link back to this post.