These air fryer frozen curly fries are absolutely delicious! They’re not only healthier than deep fried fries, but they are more convenient, too! A restaurant-worthy meal in your very own kitchen in 10 minutes.
Arby's Curly Fries
These fries are based on the legendary curly fries you can order at Arby’s. Curly fries have really taken off and become a staple of American cuisine all over the country. It’s not hard to see why - they’re a fun shape, they taste great, and you can eat them with your hands if you want.
We love this recipe because it’s easy, delicious, and everybody will love it. Even the pickiest eaters can’t resist the temptations of awesome curly fries.
Try making these curly fries to serve with burgers, steaks, or a chicken parm. They’re a perfect accompaniment to pretty much any main meal, a great way to bulk out your dinner.
How To Cook Perfect Air Fryer Frozen Curly Fries
Over the years, we’ve assembled a few ways that you can truly get the most out of your curly fries.
- Firstly, you need to preheat your air fryer to 400 F before putting the frozen fries in. If your air fryer doesn’t have a preheat function, don’t worry! You can simply set the temperature to 400 F and run it for five minutes. This will effectively preheat the air fryer like it’s an oven.
- If you have a basket air fryer, you’ll want to shake the basket with the fries in it relatively frequently. If you’re using an oven style air fryer, simply flipping the fries with tongs will do the same job.
Air Fryer Frozen Curly Fries Ingredients
To make these fries, you’ll need:
- 1 bag frozen curly french fries
That’s it! You really don’t need much to make these curly fries. Of course, if you’re feeling so inclined, you can try seasoning them with a little extra. Garlic powder, pepper, and even paprika are good for seasoning fries.
How To Make Air Fryer Frozen Curly Fries
Here’s how to make restaurant-worthy curly fries in the comfort of your own home.
- First, you need to preheat your air fryer to 400 F. If your air fryer does not have a preheat setting, just set the temperature to 400 F and wait for about five minutes so it can warm up. You want to put your fries in a hot oven.
- Put your fries in the basket, and air fry them for 7-10 minutes. Flip the fries a few times, and shake the basket so they are all getting exposed to the hot air in the fryer. Fries at the bottom, if you don’t shake them, might not reach the same levels of crispiness we want.
- Finally, season with a little extra salt, and serve!
Tips For Making Air Fryer Curly Fries
To get the perfectly crispy curly fries every time, try out our handy hints.
- Avoid overcrowding the air fryer basket. You might be hungry, and tempted to add extra fries, but an overcrowded basket won’t cook evenly. Some of your fries won’t get the same amount of heat as others, and you’ll end up with unevenly cooked fries. Air fryers work by circulating hot air around the food. If you prevent the air from passing over any of the food, it won’t cook properly.
- Do not defrost your fries before cooking. You can throw them in the air fryer while still frozen - they will thaw and cook very quickly in the air fryer. If you defrost them before cooking, they will turn mushy.
- We recommend seasoning after cooking. However, depending on how salty you like it, you don’t have to do this. Seasoning is entirely up to you.
Looking for More Air Fryer Recipes? Try These!!!
If you make this recipe be sure to leave a comment or give this recipe a rating ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐! I will be happy to hear from you!Print
All rights reserved. CHEF JAR. All images and content are copyright protected. PLEASE do not use my images without my permission. If you want to share this recipe, PLEASE provide a link back to this post.