Crispy, tasty air fryer frozen onion rings! You don’t even need to use any extra oil to cook them in the air fryer and they come out perfectly crispy every time. They are perfect appetizers for any occasion!
Frozen Onion Rings in Air Fryer
Different brands of onion rings will come in different sizes. Similarly, different makes and models of air fryer will have different size and temperature specifications. Accordingly, cooking time will vary slightly from one brand to the next.
We recommend cooking your onion rings in the air fryer at 400°F/200°C for 10 minutes at first. If you need to, another 1-4 minutes in the air fryer after should do the trick.
Tips For Perfect Air Fryer Frozen Onion Rings
- You don’t need to add any oil to your onion rings! If you want them extra crispy and crunchy, you can add some additional oil spray after removing the onion rings from the freezer. This is in no way necessary, and we encourage you to try cooking your frozen onion rings in the air fryer with no additional oil before you try adding extra.
- Do not thaw your onion rings before cooking. Your onion rings will have the nicest, crispiest texture if you cook them straight out of the freezer. Thawing them can actually make the onion rings a little soggy, and we want them to be nice and crispy.
- If you fill your air fryer basket or tray, your onions will require more shaking to ensure even cooking. An overcrowded air fryer will not cook evenly, so if you need to prepare your onion rings in batches that’s OK. The most you want to fill the basket is about halfway full.
We love McCain onion rings, but you can use even homemade frozen onion rings.
How To Cook Frozen Onion Rings In Air Fryer
- First, place your frozen onion rings in the air fryer tray or basket. Do not add any extra oil. Spread them out evenly, remembering not to overcrowd the basket.
- Next, air fry your onion rings at 400°F/200°C for 10 minutes, gently shaking and stirring to disperse the onion rings at around the five minute mark. You can try turning the onion rings multiple times if you have a larger batch that isn’t cooking evenly. If you need to, you can air fry the onion rings for an additional 1-4 minutes after the ten minutes is up. To test this, try one of your rings after ten minutes to see if it’s cooked through and crispy on the outside.
We have based our cooking time on a non-preheated air fryer. If you choose to preheat your air fryer, you might not need as much time to cook the onion rings. For this reason, if you are making multiple batches in the same sitting, subsequent batches of onion rings might not take as long to cook as the first one.
Other Air Fryer Recipes
Frozen Mozzarella Cheese Sticks in Air Fryer
Air Fryer Frozen Chicken Nuggets
Frozen Fish Sticks in Air Fryer
Sweet and Sour Chicken Air Fryer
If you make this recipe be sure to leave a comment or give this recipe a rating ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐! I will be happy to hear from you!Print
Air Fryer Frozen Onion Rings
- Total Time: 11 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
Crispy, tasty air fryer frozen onion rings! You don’t even need to use any extra oil to cook them in the air fryer and they come out perfectly crispy every time.
- 7 ounces (200 grams) Frozen Onion Rings
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Place the frozen onion rings in your air fryer basket in a single layer. No oil is needed.
- Air fry at 400°F|200°C for 10 minutes or until crispy and golden brown. Shake the basket halfway through cooking. If needed, air fryer for 2-4 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper, if desired.
- Prep Time: 1 min
- Cook Time: 10 min
- Category: Air fryer recipes
- Cuisine: American
- Calories: 238kcal
- Sugar: 5g
- Sodium: 360g
- Fat: 11g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Carbohydrates: 29g
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 3g
Keywords: air fryer frozen onion rings, onion rings, air fryer onion rings
All rights reserved. CHEF JAR. All images and content are copyright protected. PLEASE do not use my images without my permission. If you want to share this recipe, PLEASE provide a link back to this post.
Leave a Reply