Perfect air fryer frozen chicken nuggets in a matter of minutes! Crispy, golden brown chicken nuggets fresh out of your air fryer. What could be better? These are so easy to make and they always come out with just the right amount of crispiness.
Crispy Air Fryer Chicken Nuggets
With these frozen chicken nuggets, you can easily summon a tasty weeknight dinner or snack. The best part is they always come out crispy on the outside with perfectly juicy tenderness on the inside. Because we aren’t using oil here, they won’t end up overly greasy or gluggy, either.
With minimal mess and zero fuss, this is a great way to get snacks on the table quickly. Keep kids of all ages - and grown ups with a hankering for a savory treat - happy with this awesome air fryer chicken nuggets recipe.
What You’ll Need
To make this recipe, you need only a few simple ingredients. Chicken nuggets, obviously, are a given, and you should add your favorite dipping sauce, too.
We’re making about 12-14 nuggets here, but because it’s so easy to make them, you can simply increase the volume of the recipe if you need to feed more people. You can replace these with vegetarian or vegan nuggets if you’re not eating meat.
There are plenty of delicious dipping sauces that go great with chicken nuggets. Barbecue sauce, sweet and sour sauce, and honey mustard are great suggestions. Ketchup is awesome with nuggets, too, or you could even try some ranch dressing! The options are limited only by your imagination.
How To Cook Frozen Chicken Nuggets in Air Fryer
You can put this recipe together in under fifteen minutes.
- First, remove the nuggets from the packaging and portion out however many you want to make.
- Next, put your first batch of frozen chicken nuggets in the air fryer basket, or tray if that’s what your fryer uses. Either is fine. Don’t allow the nuggets to thaw before cooking as this will make them mushy rather than crispy. Simply throw your frozen, unseasoned nuggets in the air fryer basket. You don’t need to add any oil or seasoning at this stage.
- Air fry your nuggets at 400 F (about 200 C) for ten to twelve minutes. Veggie nuggets will take about half as long. You can, if you want, flip your nuggets at the five minute mark, to ensure an even golden brown color, but the nuggets are small and tender enough to cook through without flipping.
If you like your chicken nuggets extra crispy and crunchy, we recommend an extra minute or two in the air fryer.
Remember, avoid spraying your air fryer with an aerosol oil. We don’t need any oil in this recipe, but if you were to add oil, simply brushing or rubbing the nuggets with oil is more than enough.
Also remember that your model of air fryer can vary from the one used in this recipe, so always err on the side of caution based on your own experience with your appliance.
Storing Chicken Nuggets
Any frozen nuggets you didn’t cook can go back in the freezer as long as they haven’t thawed out.
- Store:If you’ve made too many nuggets, allow any leftovers to cool to room temperature. You can keep cooled nuggets in the fridge for 1-2 days in an airtight container.
- Reheat: Simply use the air fryer again! Use the same cooking temperature as you did to cook the nuggets the first time around, but cut your cooking time to 4-5 minutes.
More Air Fryer Recipes
If you make this recipe be sure to leave a comment or give this recipe a rating ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐! I will be happy to hear from you!Print
All rights reserved. CHEF JAR. All images and content are copyright protected. PLEASE do not use my images without my permission. If you want to share this recipe, PLEASE provide a link back to this post.