This whipped feta and honey dip is salty and tangy and so delicious! It is loaded with whipped feta cheese, sour cream and thick cream cheese. Serve it with toasted pita bread or roasted veggies for a quick appetizer.
Whipped Feta Dip
Everything is better with feta cheese. It is incredibly versatile and can be used almost on everything. Its rich, briny flavour transforms a simple fresh salad, soup or roasted veggies into something amazing. However, feta can be served on its own as a creamy dip. You need just to whip it with a few other ingredients and you are good to go!
The recipe was inspired by a Greek dip, Tyrosalata, which literally means “cheese salad”.
We love to top this whipped feta dip with roasted tomatoes and onions, and drizzle with a generous amount of honey. But, options for how to serve it are endless!
While many recipes call for Greek yogurt, we have found that the combination of cream cheese and sour cream works best. It helps to balance the feta saltiness and results in a smooth texture.
It is seriously a great appetizer dip for parties or special occasions. Give it a try today!
What You Need To Make Whipped Feta and Honey
- Feta cheese: Use a good quality feta cheese in brine. Please avoid crumbled feta because it is usually very salty.
- Cream cheese: Full fat or low fat cream cheese will work well. It gives a smooth and creamy texture.
- Sour Cream: It adds tanginess and tartness.
- Lemon juice: Adjust the amount to your liking.
- Honey: It helps to balance the saltiness of feta cheese.
- Garlic: Make sure to grate garlic, using a microplane grater. Feel also free to increase or decrease the amount of garlic.
- Italian seasoning: Get creative and use any herbs or spices you like. You can also make Italian seasoning at home. Simply mix dried oregano, basil, thyme, marjoram and rosemary.
- Salt and pepper
How to Make Whipped Feta and Honey
- Place feta cheese, sour cream and cream cheese into the bowl of your food processor; blend until smooth.
- Add the garlic, honey, black pepper, lemon juice and Italian seasoning to the food processor. Blend further for 20 seconds or until combined. Adjust the seasoning to your liking.
- Transfer to a plate and top with roasted tomatoes, onion and lemon wedges. Drizzle with honey. Garnish with fresh basil leaves.
How long does this Whipped Feta and Honey last
Refrigerate it in an airtight container for up to 4 days. This dip tends to thicken in the refrigerator, so you might need to add 1-2 tablespoons of water to thin it out.
Making Ahead of Time
You can make this dip one day ahead of time. Whip the cheeses together with garlic, lemon juice, seasoning and honey, and plate it up. Cover the plate with plastic wrap and refrigerate until ready to use. Drizzle with honey, olive oil and top with roasted veggies.
Tips for The Best Whipped Feta Dip
- Use high quality cheeses. They are key ingredients in this recipe. Look for a block of good quality feta in brine and full fat cream cheese. Avoid crumbled feta as it tends to be too dry and salty and won’t work for this recipe.
- Use quality liquid honey as it adds flavor and balances the saltiness.
- Serve the dip immediately. The texture won’t be the same after refrigerating.
Other Dips You’ll Love
If you make this recipe be sure to leave a comment or give this recipe a rating ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐! I will be happy to hear from you!Print
All rights reserved. CHEF JAR. All images and content are copyright protected. PLEASE do not use my images without my permission. If you want to share this recipe, PLEASE provide a link back to this post.