This whipped feta and honey dip is salty and tangy and so delicious! It is loaded with whipped feta cheese, sour cream and thick cream cheese. Serve it with toasted pita bread or roasted veggies for a quick appetizer.
For the Veggies
- 2 1/2 cups cherry or finger tomatoes
- 1-2 onions, quartered
- 1 lemon, quartered
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
For the Whipped Feta Dip
- 1 1/2 cup feta cheese, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup sour cream or plain Greek yogurt
- 1 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons liquid honey, plus more for drizzling
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning ( dried basil, rosemary, parsley,oregano and thyme)
- Black pepper, to taste
- Fresh basil, to garnish
- Preheat your oven to 425°F (220°C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Spread the tomatoes, onion and lemon wedges evenly on the sheet. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with Italian seasoning, pepper and salt. Bake for 15-20 minutes in the preheated oven or until the tomato skins have begun to blister. Remove from the oven and keep aside.
- While the veggies roast, place feta cheese, sour cream and cream cheese into the bowl of your food processor; blend until smooth.
- Add the garlic, honey, black pepper, lemon juice and Italian seasoning to the food processor. Blend further for 20 seconds or until combined. Adjust the seasoning to your liking.
- Transfer to a plate and top with roasted tomatoes, onion and lemon wedges. Drizzle with honey. Garnish with fresh basil leaves.
- Serve with pita bread or focaccia bread. Enjoy!
- Prep Time: 15
- Cook Time: 2
- Category: Dips
- Cuisine: American
- Calories: 364kcal
- Sugar: 9g
- Sodium: 758mg
- Fat: 28g
- Saturated Fat: 14g
- Carbohydrates: 12g
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 9g
- Cholesterol: 74mg
Keywords: whipped feta dip, dip, feta cheese recipes