This flavorful Quinoa salad with feta cheese is perfect for healthy lunch, dinner or as a side dish. It is made of red quinoa, arugula, feta cheese and chickpeas and gently tossed in a lemon garlic olive oil dressing. This salad is gluten free, very light and delicious!
FOR THE SALAD
- Red quinoa ( cooked)-1 cup
- Arugula- 1 cup
- Chickpeas ( cooked)-3-4 tbsp.
- Feta cheese ( cubed)-150 gm
- Almond nuts ( chopped) 2 tbsp.
FOR THE DRESSING
- Olive oil-2 tbsp.
- Garlic clove (finely chopped)- 1
- Lemon juice-2 tbsp.
- Ground black pepper and salt -to taste
- Cooking the quinoa. In a medium saucepan combine 1 cup quinoa with 2 cups of room temperature water, season with salt and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to low and allow to simmer until quinoa is cooked, about 14-15 minutes. Remove from the heat and allow to cool completely.
- Add the cooked quinoa, arugula, chickpeas and feta cheese to a large bowl. Keep aside.
- In a small bowl mix together olive oil, lemon juice, the chopped garlic, black pepper and a pinch of salt.
- Pour the dressing over salad, mix and allow to rest for 5-10 minutes for the best flavor.
- Serve chilled.
You can refrigerate this salad for 4-5 days , covered with plastic.
- Prep Time: 5 min
- Cook Time: 5 min
- Category: Salad recipes
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 232
- Sugar: 1.1 g
- Fat: 8.5 g
- Saturated Fat: 2.5 g
- Carbohydrates: 32 g
- Fiber: 3.4 g
- Protein: 7.6 g
- Cholesterol: 12.6 mg
Keywords: quinoa salad, cold quinoa salad, quinoa salad with feta cheese, salads