This delicious, healthy Avocado Tuna Salad will please the pickiest of eaters. It comes together so quickly & easily pairs with anything on your plate!
Dig into this flavorful & wholesome salad when you want to indulge in a light meal. Greek yogurt, lemon juice and Dijon mustard dressing make this salad so refreshing and tasty!
The salad is very light, zesty and chunky at the same time and can be a great idea for Paleo or any other diet. Avocado adds a creaminess, cucumbers add juiciness and crispiness, onions and chili add spiciness and homemade sauce with lemon juice add just the right amount of zestiness. The perfect combination for a perfect snack. Plus, it’s super easy and ready in minutes. Most of the ingredients are usually already in your fridge or can be easily found.
The main tip is to enjoy the salad right after you made it or within three hours, otherwise, the cucumbers will start to lose their crispness. If you want to prepare it beforehand, mix all the ingredients and just do not add salt. Keep it in the fridge and add salt right before serving.
The salad can be served in different ways, as a side salad with another dish. You can enjoy it on its own with some crackers or put between two slices of a toasted bread. This will make a hearty lunch sandwich, healthy snack or even light dinner.
This salad is a super easy healthy dish that will surely soon become your lunch or snack staple.
- Tuna in sunflower oil- 2 cans
- Ripe avocado ( peeled, pitted & sliced) - 2
- Cucumber ( sliced)-1
- Medium onion ( thinly sliced)-1
- Boiled eggs ( sliced)- 2
- Iceberg lettuce ( chopped)- 1 cup
- Red chili ( sliced)-1
- Whole kernel corn- 1 tbsp
- Black pepper- to taste
- Red chili flakes-1/2 tsp,optional
- Salt- to taste
- Greek yogurt - 2 tsp
- Olive oil- 2 tbsp
- Dijon mustard- 1½ tsp
- Lemon juice -1 tbsp
- Salt -to taste
- Dressing. In a small bowl combine all the ingredients for dressing: Greek yogurt, olive oil, Dijon mustard, lemon juice & salt.
- Assembling the salad. In a large bowl make a bed for salad using the iceberg lettuce.
- Place tuna, cucumber, eggs, avocados, whole kernel corn on the lettuce. Add in the sliced red chili & red chili flakes( optional).
- Pour in the salad dressing. Mix all together, tossing to coat.
- Avocado tuna salad is ready to serve!
All rights reserved. CHEF JAR. All images & content are copyright protected. PLEASE do not use my images without my permission. If you wanna to share this recipe, PLEASE provide a link back to this post.
If you make this recipe, take a photo of your creation & hashtag it # CHEFJAR on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter!
HEALTHY AVOCADO TUNA SALAD IN 10 MINUTES
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE