Parmesan Crusted Chicken is keto-friendly, low carb, gluten free and easy to make. Thin chicken fillets are coated in Parmesan-almond flour mixture and then pan fried until crispy. I included air fryer and oven methods. This chicken recipe is perfect for any day of the week. You kids are going to love it and it will become your family favourite!
FOR THE CHICKEN
- Large Chicken breasts- 2 ( about 700 gm/ 1.5 lb)
- Garlic powder- 1 tsp.
- Italian seasoning- 1 1/2 tsp.
- Sat and black pepper -as needed
EGG WASH FOR THE CHICKEN
- Medium eggs- 2
- Garlic clove ( finely chopped/minced)- 1
- Onion powder- 1 tbsp.
- Salt and pepper - as needed
FOR PARMESAN CRUST
- Finely grated Parmesan cheese- 3/4 cup
- Blanched almond flour-1/2 cup
- Fresh parsley ( finely chopped)-1 1/2 tbsp.
- Vegetable oil- 3 tbsp.
- Whisk eggs, garlic, salt and pepper in a shallow bowl.Coat each chicken fillet with the egg wash and allow to marinate for 5 minutes.
- In a shallow bowl combine Parmesan cheese, almond flour and parsley. Keep aside.
- In a large NON-STICK pan heat vegetable oil over medium heat.
- Take a chicken fillet, shake off excess egg wash and dredge in the Parmesan mixture and press, then shake off excess. Repeat with the remaining chicken fillets.
- Fry chicken pieces for 8-10 minutes or until cooked through ( 4-5 minutes per side). Cook chicken breasts in 2 batches, 2 pieces at a time and don't touch or move as the crust can stick to the pan. Flip only when the coating is golden brown.
- Repeat with the remaining chicken pieces.
- Use only a Non-stick pan/ skillet because chicken breasts are coated in parmesan cheese and can stick to the pan.
- I recommend to cook chicken for 4 minutes UNTOUCHABLE. To check if chicken is golden brown, lift a corner with tongs. Once it is nicely browned, flip it.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 10
- Category: Chicken recipes
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 breast
- Calories: 310 kcal
- Sodium: 430 mg
- Fat: 13 g
- Saturated Fat: 2.5 g
- Carbohydrates: 3 g
- Fiber: 2 g
- Protein: 39 g
- Cholesterol: 80 mg
Keywords: Parmesan crusted Chicken, chicken recipes, chicken breast recipe