This Paccheri pasta with lamb ragu is simple, delicious and so addictive. The lamb sauce is so meaty, rich and comforting! Very easy to make.
To those who have never visited Italy, you have no idea what you are missing. I think it’s time you took a vacation in the European country. The country is got some super tasty dishes that are worth trying. Among all these dishes is the Paccheri Pasta. Whilst you enjoy the cool breeze and beaches, you should stop to try this dish.
To those who are not chanced to visit Italy, I have made an easy-to-understand version of the Paccheri Pasta recipe for you. To those willing to try something special this weekend, this is worth a try. It’s a great dish that your family will be pleased with. It contains ingredients that are easy to source and, at the same time, affordable. All you need to do is prepare the pasta, make the sauce and finish up the dish. In less than 2 hours, you should be done.
It is normal to make mistakes at first but you will definitely get better. However, to help you make the best Paccheri Pasta, here are some tips you should consider.
- Ready-made tomato sauce?
This recipe I have included here allows you to make your own tomato sauce. It offers more freshness and flavour into your dish. You also get to control the salt. However, you might want to save time. You can get a ready-made tomato sauce. You should check for salt levels before using it.
- No Lamb (Mutton)?
Quite unfortunate you couldn’t get mutton for this recipe. Except if you are very interested in using mutton, you can also try out beef. You should not forget to spice them well too.
- Serving options
Although the dish is fantastic on its own, you might want to add some little customization. You can add more vegetables to make it greener. You can throw in spinach, broccoli, peas, celery and more. Buts, do not overdo this.
PACCHERI PASTA WITH LAMB RAGUPrint
- Total Time: 45 mins
- Yield: 4
- Paccheri pasta- 500 gm/1 lb
- Lamb ( minced)- 500 gm/ 1 lb
- Olive oil- 4 tbsp.
- Cherry tomatoes ( quartered)- 600 gm
- Tomato passata- 2 cups
- Onion ( finely chopped) -1
- Garlic cloves ( finely chopped)- 2
- Carrot ( very finely chopped) - 1
- Dried rosemary- 1 tsp.
- Dried thyme- ¼ tsp.
- Bay leaf- 1
- Black pepper- to taste
- Salt- to taste
- FOR SERVING
- Grated Parmesan cheese- as needed
- Basil/ mint leaves- 1 tbsp.
- Heat olive oil in a casserole, add minced lamb an fry until golden.
- Add in the chopped onion, mix and cook another 5 minutes.
- Peel the carrot, chop its ends, cut it into smaller pieces and chop in a food processor. Add it to the casserole, mix and cook 3-4 minutes.
- Add cherry tomatoes, salt, bay leaf, garlic, rosemary and thyme. Slowly cook down until they start to fall apart, for about 10-15 minutes. Season with salt and pepper and add tomato passata. Cover and cook 20-25 minutes over low heat. Garnish with basil leaves.
- Once ragu is ready, cook the paccheri in salted boiling water for 8–10 minutes, or until al dente.
- Serve paccheri pasta with ragu and Parmesan cheese immediately.
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 30 mins
- Category: Pasta recipes
- Cuisine: Italian
All rights reserved. CHEF JAR. All images and content are copyright protected. PLEASE do not use my images without my permission. If you want to share this recipe, PLEASE provide a link back to this post.
If you make this recipe, take a photo of your creation and hashtag it # CHEFJAR on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter!
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
Leave a Reply