Experience pure comfort with Bacon Boursin Creamed Spinach. It is creamy, savory, and irresistibly delicious. Ready in less than 25 minutes.
Boursin Creamed Spinach Recipe
If you really like the creamy spinach you get at fancy steakhouses, then you'll really need to try this creamy spinach recipe. It's super creamy and has a secret ingredient that makes it special: Boursin cheese! You can use either fresh or frozen spinach. This side dish with Boursin cheese is delicious and easy to make.
😍 Why You'll Love This Boursin Creamed Spinach
- Creamy Deliciousness: It's super creamy and yummy, like a cozy hug for your taste buds.
- Easy to Make: Making it is as easy as pie. No need to be a fancy chef!
- Secret Ingredient: Boursin cheese adds a special twist, making it even tastier.
- Fresh or Frozen: You can use fresh or frozen spinach, whatever you have on hand.
- Perfect Side Dish: It's a great side dish for any meal, adding a touch of elegance to your plate.
✅ Bacon Boursin Creamed Spinach Ingredients
- Baby Spinach Leaves: Ensure the spinach is fresh and washed thoroughly. If baby spinach is not available, regular spinach leaves can be used, but they may require additional cooking time.
- Bacon: Use your favorite type of bacon (e.g., turkey bacon, pork bacon, or even vegan bacon for a plant-based option). Ensure it's cooked until crispy for added texture and flavor.
- Unsalted Butter: If you prefer a dairy-free option, you can substitute with a neutral-flavored oil like olive oil or vegetable oil.
- Onion: Any type of onion can be used (white, yellow, or red).
- All-Purpose Flour: For a gluten-free version, you can use a gluten-free flour blend or cornstarch as a thickening agent.
- Half & Half / Milk: If you're looking for a lighter option, you can use low-fat milk. For a dairy-free alternative, choose almond milk, soy milk, or any other non-dairy milk.
- Boursin Garlic & Herbs Cheese: This cheese provides a unique flavor to the dish. If unavailable, substitute with cream cheese mixed with minced garlic and chopped fresh herbs (such as parsley, chives, and dill).
- Ground Nutmeg and Cayenne Pepper (optional): These spices add extra flavor. Adjust the quantity to suit your taste. Omit if you prefer a milder flavor profile.
- Parmesan Cheese: If you don't have parmesan cheese, substitute with grated cheddar, mozzarella, or any other cheese you like.
🔪 How to Make Creamed Spinach with Boursin Cheese
Blanch the spinach in boiling water for only one minute. Then, transfer it to a cold water bath to make it stop cooking. Squeeze any extra water from the leaves gently and keep aside.
Fry the bacon in a big pan on medium heat until it gets crispy. Take it out and place it on a plate with paper towels to soak up extra oil. Set it aside for later.
Take out most of the bacon grease from the pan, but leave around 1-2 teaspoons for extra flavor. Melt the butter in the same pan. Then, add in the onion and cook until it becomes soft (about 2 minutes), making sure to scrape up any brown bits left by the bacon.
Stir in the flour and let it cook for a few minutes until it turns a light golden color. Slowly pour in the half and half while whisking all the time. Next, add the Boursin cheese and mix it well. Keep whisking for around 2 minutes until the white sauce gets thick.
Add a bit of fresh grated nutmeg, and if you want a little kick, sprinkle in some cayenne (if you like). Don't forget the salt and pepper for flavor. If the sauce seems too thick, pour in another ¼ cup of half & half. Keep whisking until it's as thick as you like.
Add spinach into the Boursin sauce and mix it gently. Sprinkle some parmesan cheese, add the chopped bacon and give everything a good mix to combine all of the flavors together.
👨🍳 Pro Tips
- Opt for fresh spinach leaves, and ensure they are washed thoroughly. This will give your dish a vibrant flavor.
- If you're using frozen spinach, make sure it's completely thawed before using. Then, use a paper towel, dishcloth, or cheesecloth to squeeze out as much water as possible. There will be quite a bit!
- Do you love spinach dip? You can transfer the creamed spinach to a small baking dish, sprinkle extra mozzarella and Parmesan on top, and broil it until it's golden. This will give you the best spinach dip appetizer ever!
- Creamed spinach is best served fresh and hot. This ensures it retains its creamy texture and flavors.
- For the freshest taste, enjoy this incredible steakhouse creamed spinach within 3 days! Store the leftover creamed spinach in an airtight container to keep in the refrigerator.
- You can freeze it too! Just transfer it to an airtight container and freeze for up to 3 months. When you're ready to enjoy it again, let it thaw in the fridge overnight.
❗Before reheating, pour off any extra water that might collect on the surface.
To warm up the creamed spinach, you have a couple of options!
- Skillet Method: Place the creamed spinach in a skillet over low to medium heat. Add a splash of milk and gently stir occasionally until it's heated through and starts to bubble.
- Microwave Method: Place it in a microwave-safe dish. Reheat in 30-second intervals, stirring in between, until it's thoroughly warmed.
Every serving offers: A high amount of vitamin A and folate, and a decent supply of calcium, magnesium, potassium, and fiber.
Making spinach is quick and easy, but remember, spinach has a lot of water. When you cook it, this water comes out fast. This makes the spinach shrink a lot. So, a big bunch of spinach in the pan becomes just a small amount after cooking.
Fresh spinach offers vibrant flavor and texture, while frozen spinach is convenient with a longer shelf life.
More Easy Side Dishes
Sautéed Spinach with Garlic and Parmesan-A quick, flavorful side dish that's a perfect blend of earthy and savory goodness.
Boursin Mashed Potatoes-Upgrade your mashed potatoes with creamy Boursin cheese! A fantastic side dish that's rich, flavorful, and utterly irresistible.
Cheesy Garlic Roasted Asparagus-Tender spears, aromatic garlic, and melty cheese. A flavor-packed dish.
Steamed Broccoli-Tender, vibrant florets ready in minutes. A versatile side for any meal.
Steakhouse Creamed Spinach-A luxurious side dish with rich flavors that complement any main course.
Roasted Cabbage Steaks-Golden and crispy, they're a flavorful side that's easy to love.
Cheesy Garlic Roasted Asparagus-Tender spears infused with savory garlic and melted cheese. A flavor-packed side dish.
If you make this recipe be sure to leave a comment or give this recipe a rating ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐! I will be happy to hear from you!Print
All rights reserved. CHEF JAR. All images and content are copyright protected. PLEASE do not use my images without my permission. If you want to share this recipe, PLEASE provide a link back to this post.