This Belgian waffle recipe guarantees light and fluffy waffles on the inside, crispy on the outside every time! Best of all you will need a few ingredients to make these golden waffles. Delicious with whipped cream or powdered sugar, drenched in honey, maple syrup or with any fruit topping: blueberries, strawberries and baked cinnamon apples.
Love waffles? Have a look at savory Potato Waffles or Belgian Liege Waffles.
EASY WAFFLE RECIPE FOR WAFFLE MAKER
Waffles are popular food for breakfast or brunch. They come in different shapes and have different toppings in countries around the world. When we think of Belgian waffles we automatically think of waffles with the golden, crisp outside and tender, light interior. My kids crave these waffles every single day and I have to make them. But, the good news is that it is super easy to make them.
There is nothing better than warm homemade Belgian waffle in the morning! Try this recipe today for light, fluffy, Belgian waffles. I am sure once you try them, you’ll be addicted for life!
TIPS FOR CRISP, GOLDEN & FLUFFY WAFFLES
- Your batter needs to be full of air for waffles to be FLUFFY. The solution is very easy. You will add stiff egg whites into your batter. Why not to whip air into the batter directly? If you overmix waffle batter, the gluten in the flour will make your waffles chewy and dense. Separate the eggs, then beat the egg whites until they hold stiff peaks and gently fold them into the batter right before making waffles.
- Love crisp waffles? Always add cornstarch to get waffles that are crisp on the outside and light & tender on the inside. Ratio is 1 cup of all-purpose flour+ 1 tbsp. of cornstarch. (2 cups= 2 tbsp..)
- Once you made Belgian waffles, bake them in the oven ( preheated to 250 F/125C) for the waffles to become fully crisp. Keep them on a rack after removing them from the oven. It will let steam escape and prevent waffle from becoming soggy.
- Do not grease a nonstick waffle maker with a non-stick cooking spray. It will make waffles stick to the plates. Grease with melted butter, canola oil or use a cooking spray made of butter.
HOW TO MAKE BELGIAN WAFFLES ( VIDEO)
If you enjoy this video, please subscribe to my YouTube channel (thank you for subscribing). Want to be the first to know when I post a new video? Make sure to click the BELL icon.
If you make this recipe be sure to leave a comment or give this recipe a rating ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐! I will be happy to hear from you!Print
BELGIAN WAFFLE RECIPE
- Total Time: 35 mins
- Yield: 4
This Belgian waffle recipe guarantees light and fluffy waffles on the inside, crispy on the outside every time! Best of all you will need a few ingredients to make these golden waffles.
- All-purpose flour-2 cups
- Corn starch- 2 tbsp.
- Baking powder-3 tsp.
- Granulated white sugar- ½ cup
- Ground cinnamon-1 tsp.
- Ground nutmeg- ¼ tsp.
- Salt- ½ tsp.
- Small eggs ( separated)-3 or 2 large eggs
- Milk-2 cups
- Vegetable oil- ½ cup
- Cooking spay ( made of butter & oil) for cooking
- Preheat your waffle iron, spray with a cooking spray (if your waffle maker's plate has a nonstick surface, don't use a non-stick cooking spray.It will make your waffles stick to waffle plates).Keep aside.
- In a large bowl whisk together the flour, nutmeg, cornstarch, baking powder, granulated white sugar, salt and cinnamon. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl beat the egg whites until stiff peaks using a hand mixer. Keep aside.
- Take another medium-sized bowl and mix egg yolks with vegetable oil and milk.
- Pour the egg yolks mixture into the dry ingredients and combine until lumps free, then gently fold in the egg whites.
- Pour about ½ cup batter into the hot waffle plate and cook according to manufacturer's directions. My waffle plate takes about ½ cup of batter per waffle. You may need to pour ¾ -1 cup, depends on your waffle maker.
- Serve waffles immediately with Nutella,butter, honey or maple syrup, powdered sugar or any other fruit toppings.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 25 mins
- Category: Waffle recipes
- Cuisine: Belgian
- Serving Size: 100 gm
- Calories: 308kcal
- Sugar: 8.41g
- Fat: 18.55g
- Carbohydrates: 41.66g
- Fiber: 2.7g
- Protein: 8.68g
Keywords: waffle recipe, waffles, waffle recipes, Belgian waffles
All rights reserved. CHEF JAR. All images and content are copyright protected. PLEASE do not use my images without my permission. If you want to share this recipe, PLEASE provide a link back to this post.
If you make this recipe, take a photo of your creation and hashtag it # CHEFJAR on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter!
Leave a Reply